The Student Room Group

Lancaster Architecture School

Hi there,

I am putting down :
Sheffield, UCL, Lancaster, Manchester and Glasgow (?)

I saw Lancaster are starting a new school and went to their open Day. They are a top 10 uni and International uni of the year but asking AAB and aren't in the subject league tables - anyone know why?

I really like the look of it as don't think I want to travel too far from Manc but don't like living in the city?
(edited 4 years ago)
If it’s a new course then it’s a risk. RIBA usually accredit new courses but not always - particularly if they don’t recruit enough students.

I would recommend asking them for reassurance/guarantees about what happens if they don’t get enough applicants, if not enough applicants accept an offer or if they don’t continue to recruit to the course in later years. You need to know if there are any circumstances where they would cancel the course running and what would happen to you in that situation
Original post by Arch_Nemesis
Hi there,

I am putting down :
Sheffield, UCL, Lancaster, Manchester and Glasgow (?)

I saw Lancaster are starting a new school and went to their open Day. They are a top 10 uni and International uni of the year but asking AAB and aren't in the subject league tables - anyone know why?

I really like the look of it as don't think I want to travel too far from Manc but don't like living in the city?

Hello,
Great to hear you're considering Lancaster.
Lancaster is general never asks too high for any courses. The highest offer currently is A*AA for natural sciences, it's just part of the ethos of the uni (although it prevents it from climbing higher in the league tables as entry requirements is one of the things they offer). This definitely doesn't deter it from having students who have those high grades. It's definitely a campus uni so it's worth considering, but it is 50 minutes from Manchester (and about 15 from Preston) and the city of Lancaster is only 15 minutes by bus. Let me know if you have any questions I can help answer and I can try and help.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Ah. Well thanks for the answers both - I emailed staff last week and they gave me the answer I was looking for! I forgot to update this!

They're not in the subject league tables because they haven't had any students graduate yet (duh) so no data from third years, so they won't appear there yet.

In terms of accreditation they said they've already applied for it and should hear back soon. They don't think there will be any issue with it.

I have time to think about it before Christmas and will see if I get offer from UCL in between but not sure when they interview (!)
Got an offer after interview last week! :wink:
Anyone else going to Lancaster BA Architecture HMU :cool:
Original post by OneBrunchMan
Got an offer after interview last week! :wink:
Anyone else going to Lancaster BA Architecture HMU :cool:

Congrats!
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
Charlotte :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending