The Student Room Group

CGP Textbooks/Student Books vs AQA Approved Textbooks for A level Science

As a Year 12, I'm curious which resource is better for me to do for A-level Sciences as I am doing AQA A-level Biology and Chemistry and I'm unsure which textbook is better to learn and revise from alongside doing my exam questions. Someone please tell me which one is better to learn. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by Sargzy17
As a Year 12, I'm curious which resource is beItter for me to do for A-level Sciences as I am doing AQA A-level Biology and Chemistry and I'm unsure which textbook is better to learn and revise from alongside doing my exam questions. Someone please tell me which one is better to learn. Thanks.

Bro use the textbook AND revision guide - they complement each other finely. The revision guides are banging for you to understand the content, and the textbooks tend to help boost your notes, i.e on small subtle details (thought I'm in year 12 and have been struggling to distinguish what's waffle and what isn't ; practise questions chiefly help you answer that question.) I do maths bio and chem. I do OCR but I went to a school at the start of the year that did AQA and they're basically the same course in a different order.

Please check out my youtube mate !! :smile: I do loads of videos on studying. I hope you find benefit from them :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcfJJQoY30&t=137s
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by lhh2003
Bro use the textbook AND revision guide - they complement each other finely. The revision guides are banging for you to understand the content, and the textbooks tend to help boost your notes, i.e on small subtle details (thought I'm in year 12 and have been struggling to distinguish what's waffle and what isn't ; practise questions chiefly help you answer that question.) I do maths bio and chem. I do OCR but I went to a school at the start of the year that did AQA and they're basically the same course in a different order.

Please check out my youtube mate !! :smile: I do loads of videos on studying. I hope you find benefit from them :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hcfJJQoY30&t=137s

Thank you so much, I will definitely check out your YouTube channel and my plan is to use both textbooks to make my own revision knowledge organisers or make my own textbook/revision guide and learn it off by heart. I think it's the best way to ensure you learn the whole course, understand the content and make revision much easier.

Quick Reply

Latest