The Student Room Group

What numbers would these earthquake scenarios be on the Mercalli and Richter scales?

1) the lights were moving and i could hear plates and stuff rattling and breaking in the kitchen. it was all very strange and a bit scary but didn't last long.

2) apparently there was an earthquake yesterday but I didn't notice.

3) it was horrible. I was driving home from work when the bridge I was about to drive over collapsed before my eyes! I stopped got out of the car and saw a massive crack starting to open up in the road.

4) my uncle says that he was fine because his house was bolted down but his neighbour's house moved. he is having to rebuild his shed though because it fell down. He said that it was because when he built it he didn't do it properly so it was already wobbly.

5) I was sat down watching tv when I think the ceiling light started swaying for no reason. when my parents who had not been home came back I told them but they said i must have been imagining it because they had not felt anything unusual outside.
sorry, I don't know if there is a forum for geography but I couldn't put this thread there.
Original post by realistpotato
sorry, I don't know if there is a forum for geography but I couldn't put this thread there.

Have moved this there for you now :hugs:
Original post by CoolCavy
Have moved this there for you now :hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending