The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elsamaewilletts
has anyone heard back from LEEDS, SHEFFIELD, LIVERPOOL OR NEWCASTLE? thanks:smile: xx

Leeds reply in January. Liverpool have sent out some rejections last week.
Original post by db.bio
Sheffield said on their open day webinar the interviews offers will be early jan

Thank you!
Original post by Dexter345
What did Leeds say about it? I applied to Leeds aswell but luckily did manage to sit the bmat

Not a lot really! They said to my college that I can’t take it. I can’t find the specific email my tutor had sent me... but it seemed that they would be understanding of the circumstance. I do feel like I won’t be assessed the same as others that have taken the bmat however...
Do u think liverpool have sent out all rejections?
Original post by Dexter345
Yup! I’m not sure which universities offer the course but I know Manchester definitely does.

manchester and bristol
Not a lot really! They said to my college that I can’t take it. I can’t find the specific email my tutor had sent me... but it seemed that they would be understanding of the circumstance. I do feel like I won’t be assessed the same as others that have taken the bmat however...

I am in the same predicament , they sent me a form to fill out and I have not heard back since my teacher said that it would be okay, however, I am extremely worried it will subconsciously effect my application even though not being able to sit the bmat was nit my fault

I have a friend in a similar situation (their whole section 2 and 3 didn’t load up at all during the test). I don’t think it will have too much of an impact on your application to be honest. Leeds are known to not weigh the bmat that heavy and mainly rely on other things such as personal statement.
Original post by Student1918
Do u think liverpool have sent out all rejections?

I think they’ve only just got started. We haven’t heard of many people getting rejections yet
Original post by dkjdkj
Wait how do I appeal?

I emailed ucas say get in contact with the uni
Original post by kavita2002
Is there anyone who is resetting their exams in summer 2021 and re applying to dentistry because the exams got cancelled this year? Because some Uni's said that summer 2021 resit is acceptable this year because the exams were cancelled.

Hi , I’m resitting in 2021.
Hi im an international student and the my interview for cardiff is stated to be only 15 min. It will done over zoom but the usual mmi is about 50 min and they told me that I will have 3 interviewers. So is this just a normal interview and not mmi? Are yall having the interview just 15 min too?
Original post by Pineappletart
Hi im an international student and the my interview for cardiff is stated to be only 15 min. It will done over zoom but the usual mmi is about 50 min and they told me that I will have 3 interviewers. So is this just a normal interview and not mmi? Are yall having the interview just 15 min too?

international applicants have to do a 15 minute panel interview, unlike home applicants who have to do a 50 minute MMI
when do manchester send interview offers out? x
Reply 1573
Original post by mxrixm
when do manchester send interview offers out? x

around 10th of December xxx
Original post by db.bio
Sheffield said on their open day webinar the interviews offers will be early jan

Do you know when sheffield interviews will take place ?
Original post by MJubb22
Do you know when sheffield interviews will take place ?

I read in a Sheffield webinar that: interview offers are sent in Jan, interviews are held in early March, offers are sent in later March.

It's kind of annoying we have to wait so long but it is what it is.
My application from bristol has been put "on hold"
Original post by DanAzam
My application from bristol has been put "on hold"

I’ve just got the same email
Original post by YetiSpaghetti
I read in a Sheffield webinar that: interview offers are sent in Jan, interviews are held in early March, offers are sent in later March.

It's kind of annoying we have to wait so long but it is what it is.

I was told that they’ve moved the interviews to an earlier date. Could be as early as January
Original post by K4tehamilton
I’ve just got the same email

Me too is this good or bad??

Latest