The Student Room Group

Physics Offers 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CataleyaLuna
Hey!
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: A*A*A*A* in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths
GCSE grades: 99999999A*
Date Submitted to UCAS: 11/10/19

King’s College London- Physics and Philosophy with a Year Abroad
Offer- AAB (05/11/19)

Manchester- Physics with Philosophy
Interview- 14/11/19
Offer- A*A*A (15/11/19)

Imperial- Physics with a Year Abroad
Interview- 22/11/19

Oxford- Physics with Philosophy
Acknowledgement

Durham- Natural Sciences (Physics and Philosophy)
Acknowledgement

Personally thought the PAT was a joke lol. Top two now are Imperial and Manchester but they have the same grades... A problem for later if I get the offer. Durham sends out really weird emails.

Durham Offer A*AA on 11 December 2019
Oxford Interview on 16-18 December
Imperial Offer A*A*A on 17 December 2019
GCSEs - 5 A*s 3 A's and 1 B
AS Grades - ABBB
Predicteds - A*AA
Date of UCAS form submission- 26/11/19

Glasgow
Offer- AAB

Durham
Offer- AAA

Bristol
Offer AAB

Manchester
Acknowledgement

Queen's Belfast
Offer - ABB
Original post by fatima.zahra
what would you recommend for a person who into the 'Math and Physics' joint course at both Manchester and Warwick? And if I'm not mistaken, Birmingham have a really good physics department too. Agh I'm so torn on which university to choose

Hi @fatima.zahra,

You're absolutely right, I'm currently in my third year of a Physics and Astronomy masters at the University of Birmingham and the physics department is amazing!

In terms of UK rankings, we are ranked 5th for our department with The Complete University Guide, 4th with The Guardian and in the top 10 of The Good University Guide.

In personal experience, I would completely agree with these high rankings. The school of Physics and Astronomy has both excellent staff and students who work together to achieve a great atmosphere and a helpful working environment. Birmingham now feels like a home away from home to me, much to my mum's dismay :biggrin:, and I know I can ask any one of my peers or lecturers for help if and when I need it.

If you have any questions about what the University of Birmingham is like, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Paige:yep:
Original post by Jackson777
only waiting to here back from Edinburgh and Oxford. Oxford is obvs mid January, but has anyone gotten anything from Edinburgh yet?

My son got unconditional to Glasgow 2 weeks after he applied so october never got interview for oxford though but unconditionals for Glasgow and Aberdeen justwaiting on st Andrews
Original post by Barbie 50
My son got unconditional to Glasgow 2 weeks after he applied so october never got interview for oxford though but unconditionals for Glasgow and Aberdeen justwaiting on st Andrews

Sorry edinburgh he got unconditional for within 2weeks
My firm’s offer is *aa, but 3 of my other four offers are **a. Do you think it’s possible to negotiate with unis to get offers down so that they have a chance of me coming there (sounds so arrogant ik but it’s a legit problem)
Original post by Jackson777
My firm’s offer is *aa, but 3 of my other four offers are **a. Do you think it’s possible to negotiate with unis to get offers down so that they have a chance of me coming there (sounds so arrogant ik but it’s a legit problem)

My son is in a similar position. He has one offer of aa but if he puts it as his firm he's not left with many options as second choice. The tutor at his sixth form suggested he emailed the admissions at a couple of the unis explain the situation and see if he can get a B out of them. So yes I think have a go.
Hi, I have applied for Mathematics with Mathematical Physics but I think I would like to change to Theoretical Physics.Do you think this is possible/likely?
Reply 168
Original post by Physman1
Hi, I have applied for Mathematics with Mathematical Physics but I think I would like to change to Theoretical Physics.Do you think this is possible/likely?

I wanna do the opposite of that I have an offer for physics but I doubt it because it’s different departments
Original post by vinhvo
I wanna do the opposite of that I have an offer for physics but I doubt it because it’s different departments

I don't know because the entry requirements for theoretical physics are lower than for maths so it might be possible?
No, switching departments at Imperial is not possible. Which is why I applied to both maths and physics here.
I am talking about UCL sry not to mention
Sorry edinburgh he got unconditional for within 2weeks

Did your son hear back from St Andrews yet?
My daughter got an unconditional offer on Friday but it was for the Gateway into Physics and Astronomy (which she hadn't applied for) rather then the straight forward Physics and Astronomy.
She already has unconditionals from Glasgow, Heriot Watt and Strathclyde just waiting on Edinburgh now.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fairywishes
My daughter got an unconditional offer on Friday but it was for the Gateway into Physics and Astronomy (which she hadn't applied for) rather then the straight forward Physics and Astronomy.
She already has unconditionals from Glasgow, Heriot Watt and Strathclyde just waiting on Edinburgh now.

Still waiting on St. Andrews 😫😫

Can I be cheeky and ask what your daughters grades were congratulations on her offer is St. Andrews her first choice
Can I be cheeky and ask what your daughters grades were congratulations on her offer is St. Andrews her first choice

Messaged you x

Messaged you x

Thanks and good luck to your daughter let’s hope she gets her offer from edinburgh soon my son is doing 4 advanced Highers maths physics mechanics and chemistry xx
a level predicted grades: a*aa (physics,maths,biology)
GCSEs: a*a*aaaaabb
extracurricular: head boy, head librarian in school, lead role in school play, work experience in Senegal Africa, physics student ambassador, chair of school council, captain of rugby team, gold dofe, Chor, chamber choir and chair of school magazine committee.

applied:
St Andrews: physics (Bsc) no responce

Exeter: physics (bsc) had interview waiting for response

York: physics (Bsc) AAB

Queen's Belfast: physics (mphys) AAA

Heriot Watt: physics (mphys) unconditional

first choice is st Andrews but they have considered me as European even though I applied as UK and I am UK, so I am quite stressed they will not give me an offer, what do you guys think? if st Andrews don't give me an offer I will probably reapply next year.
Dear applicants,

Does any EU candidate got an offer from Glasgow, physics?
Hi I have offers for physics from Imperial (A*A*A), Durham (A*A*A), St Andrews (AAA) and UCL(AAA), can’t decide which ones to choose for firm and insurance, any suggestions?? ANY help is very much appreciated thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending