The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9860
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. Am sorry to hear people are having a rough time.
Hang in there diamonddust :hugs: I would miss you loads. Also if I wasn't sectioned, I doubt you'll be. I know it is a scary thing to do but we are all here for you.

How is everyone else feeling?
Reply 9861
Hello Everyone

Well, it's happened - my doc diagnosed me with depression today and put me on prozac. I'm not a happy bunny.

It's work related, been off 2 weeks with stress and i've ended up getting worse instead of better so off work another 2 weeks :frown: Things that have happened over the past 3 years or so have finally gotten to much to handle.

So, here I am, thought it might be a good thing to come on here, say hello and hopefully contribute to the society.
death.drop
I know the feeling, which is weird because whenever you say things like this I always think you're really putting yourself down and you should realise it takes time for people to get over stuff like that, you've been through a lot and yeah, it will affect you in some way for the rest of your life but it's like anything, a first kiss or an amazing friend will affect you forever, and you'll think about it from time to time. It doesn't make you weak for something life changing to affect you. it makes you human.

:frown: I just want to be able to cope with it not have the nightmares anymore to feel happiness properly without feeling guilty for being happy, I feel like I don't deserve to be alive because they had the option to kill me they could have done and I begged them to. just to end the misery and even though they are no where near me I can hear their voices in my head
Vienna Cannon
:frown: I just want to be able to cope with it not have the nightmares anymore to feel happiness properly without feeling guilty for being happy, I feel like I don't deserve to be alive because they had the option to kill me they could have done and I begged them to. just to end the misery and even though they are no where near me I can hear their voices in my head

that doesn't mean you don't deserve to be alive, you were just in a moment of desperation.
I can't remember whether you're seeing a counsellor or not now, are you?
death.drop
that doesn't mean you don't deserve to be alive, you were just in a moment of desperation.
I can't remember whether you're seeing a counsellor or not now, are you?

No not seeing a counsellor I am too afraid to :frown:
GR29KHS
Hello Everyone

Well, it's happened - my doc diagnosed me with depression today and put me on prozac. I'm not a happy bunny.

It's work related, been off 2 weeks with stress and i've ended up getting worse instead of better so off work another 2 weeks :frown: Things that have happened over the past 3 years or so have finally gotten to much to handle.

So, here I am, thought it might be a good thing to come on here, say hello and hopefully contribute to the society.

Hi, and welcome. :hugs:

Sorry things have been so bad lately. :frown: I hope that they start to pick up soon.
GR29KHS
Hello Everyone

Hey there :smile: Hope the prozac works out for you, if you've got any questions about it ask away, or if you just want to talk or rant or anything. Hope things start looking up for you soon.

Also, sup Immunity, not seen you around in a while hope you're doing alright.
Do we need to start a new thread when we hit 10,000 posts again, or do the moderators sort that out?
we do need to sort it out when it gets there
Vienna Cannon
No not seeing a counsellor I am too afraid to :frown:

I think you need to really think about it. You will heal on your own but it takes a lot longer than if you have help, so you need to make a choice.
There's no pressure what so ever in counselling. To get a reference you can just send you doctor a letter, something as simple as "I was attacked and need to see a counsellor. I can't say this in person so if you need any other information could you please contact me via letter" is enough.
You don't even need to tell your counsellor what happened at first, and they do become very easy to talk to. I was incredibly nervous about starting counselling, and I put it off for a huge amount of time, but i'm so glad I went for it, I feel a lot more in control than when I started. I was seriously desperate when I made the choice to start; for me that was when I was ready, when I had nothing else to lose, when the alternative was more frightening.

what exactly are you afraid of?
death.drop
I think you need to really think about it. You will heal on your own but it takes a lot longer than if you have help, so you need to make a choice.
There's no pressure what so ever in counselling. To get a reference you can just send you doctor a letter, something as simple as "I was attacked and need to see a counsellor. I can't say this in person so if you need any other information could you please contact me via letter" is enough.
You don't even need to tell your counsellor what happened at first, and they do become very easy to talk to. I was incredibly nervous about starting counselling, and I put it off for a huge amount of time, but i'm so glad I went for it, I feel a lot more in control than when I started. I was seriously desperate when I made the choice to start; for me that was when I was ready, when I had nothing else to lose, when the alternative was more frightening.

what exactly are you afraid of?

I am afraid of judging of not being listened to for being taken as a joke. I am scared of if it turns to be a negative experience over all I am scared that it might not work.
Vienna Cannon
I am afraid of judging of not being listened to for being taken as a joke. I am scared of if it turns to be a negative experience over all I am scared that it might not work.

1) you will not be judged. their job is to help you and their personal opinions can't come in to it. even if they did, nobody is going to think badly of you for what happened because none of it was your fault.
2) they won't take you as a joke. the fact that you'll be there and they're spending their time and money on you proves that they are taking it very seriously.
3) I can't promise that it won't be a negative experience and will work but the majority of people who have attended counselling of their own choice with the intention and will to get better find that it really helps. I think if you're in the right mental state when you open up then it will be beneficial, if you rush yourself then it might not.

maybe try on line counselling at first if you can afford it? I know there is free on line counselling for under 18s if you don't mind bending the truth a bit.
death.drop
1) you will not be judged. their job is to help you and their personal opinions can't come in to it. even if they did, nobody is going to think badly of you for what happened because none of it was your fault.
2) they won't take you as a joke. the fact that you'll be there and they're spending their time and money on you proves that they are taking it very seriously.
3) I can't promise that it won't be a negative experience and will work but the majority of people who have attended counselling of their own choice with the intention and will to get better find that it really helps. I think if you're in the right mental state when you open up then it will be beneficial, if you rush yourself then it might not.

maybe try on line counselling at first if you can afford it? I know there is free on line counselling for under 18s if you don't mind bending the truth a bit.

where is that? (online) I know I should try counselling but I always thought you had to pay for it ( I have no idea)
Vienna Cannon
where is that? (online) I know I should try counselling but I always thought you had to pay for it ( I have no idea)

I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the nspcc.
You can definitely get counselling on the NHS, I wouldn't be able to afford it without NHS help.
The only thing is, you can only get it if they think you really need it (which I'm 100% sure they would think in your case), so if you want counselling but you're actually totally mentally sound then they won't provide it for you. That's why I say that they will definitely take you seriously, because if they doubt you or think you won't really benefit from the treatment they won't waste their resources on you.
Reply 9874
damn my heart just set into a really fast beating/contraction rate or something woah my whole body was moving at each beat

hate it when that happens and it just sets in-like a mini panic attack or something:s-smilie: :frown:
I feel so **** every single ******* evening :mad:

I wish I could sleep from 5pm to 10am every day and not have to live through this, but can't even sleep properly anymore.
Sabertooth
I feel so **** every single ******* evening :mad:

I wish I could sleep from 5pm to 10am every day and not have to live through this, but can't even sleep properly anymore.

:console:
Reply 9877
please continue your conversations on Depression Society MKIII: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=990084 :smile:

Latest