The Student Room Group

Uni Fees

If I want to go out (I live in London) to study at a university, would I at any point have to pay from my own pocket? By that I mean taking into consideration cost of accommodation , expenses and tuition fees , is it true that I cannot get a loan that will cover the lot and instead my parents or I would have chip in to pay for whatever isn't covered. I've only recently come across this and it makes me want to stay inside London as I don't come from a particularly fortunate family and I'd hate to put them into any more debt, it should all be fine if the money i'm paying is all on me , under my name , but I sure would hate it to be under my parents'.

As of now I'm applying for 3 London Unis but given the occasion that I end up at e.g Bath , will student loans give me enough to pay for all these costs? My sister recently did her A levels and regardless of our financial situation she was only offered around 7k for expense costs to live away from home. From my understanding this is way too low , but she wasn't able to secure any more even though it was a loan.
Odds are your tuition and maintenance loan will make budgeting a necessity even if you're on the highest maintenance loan available (based on household revenue)
I wouldn't mind budgeting but do you think it's possible?
Original post by ThatOneGuy29200
I wouldn't mind budgeting but do you think it's possible?

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-calculator

Thanks this is helpful but doesn't quite correlate with what my sister was offered, any suggestions as to why that maybe?
Original post by ThatOneGuy29200
Thanks this is helpful but doesn't quite correlate with what my sister was offered, any suggestions as to why that maybe?

Nope you will need to ask student finance. They have a calculation and thats what you are awarded. theres a difference if you live at home or not and whether its London weighted.
Alright sure, thanks for your help and time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending