The Student Room Group

Reality of ICT BTEC in college? (Level 3 foundation diploma)

So, as a back up plan in case I don't excel in GCSE's, or as a route to an advanced apprenticeship, I'm considering doing a level 3 foundation diploma in I.T.For context, I am someone with a passion about the sector, currently doing well in GCSE computer science (but would like a route to earning my own salary faster), though I have a disturbing lack of practical knowledge. The extent of it is occasional experimenting with Python, with limited success. So, is this BTEC a good idea for me? What about my lack of practical knowledge? What's the realistic chance of landing a higher apprenticeship? What's the course content? And, what are your experiences?
Original post by far-from-subtle
So, as a back up plan in case I don't excel in GCSE's, or as a route to an advanced apprenticeship, I'm considering doing a level 3 foundation diploma in I.T.For context, I am someone with a passion about the sector, currently doing well in GCSE computer science (but would like a route to earning my own salary faster), though I have a disturbing lack of practical knowledge. The extent of it is occasional experimenting with Python, with limited success. So, is this BTEC a good idea for me? What about my lack of practical knowledge? What's the realistic chance of landing a higher apprenticeship? What's the course content? And, what are your experiences?

Just a little bump as it's been over 24 hours, i hope you get some answers soon! :smile:

:bump:
Original post by Hazzabear
Just a little bump as it's been over 24 hours, i hope you get some answers soon! :smile:

:bump:

Thanks for attempting haha! Since it's been so long, I'll consult similar ish posts :smile:
Thanks for attempting haha! Since it's been so long, I'll consult similar ish posts :smile:

No worries :smile:

I did the foundation diploma last year and to be honest I didn't enjoy it. I found that a lot of the material was very basic and one of the modules was basically a business module. Plenty of people did enjoy it though so it's down to personal opinion I guess. If you've got any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending