The Student Room Group

Are these A-levels good?

classical civilisation, english literature, german and epq, would these help me go to Durham university or a good university - Im worried classical civilisation is a fluffy subject
Original post by Msbrownie.xo
classical civilisation, english literature, german and epq, would these help me go to Durham university or a good university - Im worried classical civilisation is a fluffy subject

They're perfectly fine. Classical Civ most certainly isn't a fluffy subject; in fact, it's anything but. As far as subject choices go, you could get into Durham or any other stellar institution such as Oxbridge with those A levels.
Reply 2
I don't know what a;erve;l top pcik my self

social science or science i dont know what I really and trulyk enjoy
Original post by Msbrownie.xo

What is classical civilisation? Not heard of that before
Reply 4
The most stupid thing that schools do is try to convince you that some A Levels look better to universities than others.
As long as you are doing subjects that your degree requires (however A LOT of popular degrees dont require any), universities will not be like 'oh that person did psychology but this person did history which is harder'. They really don't. All they care about is the grades. Do subjects that you enjoy and that you believe you can get high in.

Quick Reply

Latest