Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
classical civilisation, english literature, german and epq, would these help me go to Durham university or a good university - Im worried classical civilisation is a fluffy subject
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
classical civilisation, english literature, german and epq, would these help me go to Durham university or a good university - Im worried classical civilisation is a fluffy subject
They're perfectly fine. Classical Civ most certainly isn't a fluffy subject; in fact, it's anything but. As far as subject choices go, you could get into Durham or any other stellar institution such as Oxbridge with those A levels.
YEezzy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't know what a;erve;l top pcik my self

social science or science i dont know what I really and trulyk enjoy
E3student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Msbrownie.xo)
What is classical civilisation? Not heard of that before
xx1t35
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The most stupid thing that schools do is try to convince you that some A Levels look better to universities than others.
As long as you are doing subjects that your degree requires (however A LOT of popular degrees dont require any), universities will not be like 'oh that person did psychology but this person did history which is harder'. They really don't. All they care about is the grades. Do subjects that you enjoy and that you believe you can get high in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.46%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (804)
42.23%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.52%

Watched Threads