The Student Room Group

When should i go for an STD Check?

Hi
On thursday I got really drunk on halloween and did some drugs, too.
I ended up having sex with this guy (oral, vaginal and anal) and he came in my anus a few times without a condom.
The guy told me he was clean and is heterosexual, not slept with that many girls.
Because of all of the substances I had taken, I let him do it. I've never had unprotected sex before (I'm 29 and always safe)
I also gave two other guys oral sex.
The next morning I woke up with a horrid sore throat and bruises all up my legs because I was drunk in my heels and fell over a billion times.
The past 2-3 days I've just been sleeping in bed and had a really sore throat. But could just be the tiredness of getting hammered and bruising self and come down etc.
I want to go and get an STD check.
Is it to soon to go and get one?
How long do I wait?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
On thursday I got really drunk on halloween and did some drugs, too.
I ended up having sex with this guy (oral, vaginal and anal) and he came in my anus a few times without a condom.
The guy told me he was clean and is heterosexual, not slept with that many girls.
Because of all of the substances I had taken, I let him do it. I've never had unprotected sex before (I'm 29 and always safe)
I also gave two other guys oral sex.
The next morning I woke up with a horrid sore throat and bruises all up my legs because I was drunk in my heels and fell over a billion times.
The past 2-3 days I've just been sleeping in bed and had a really sore throat. But could just be the tiredness of getting hammered and bruising self and come down etc.
I want to go and get an STD check.
How long do I wait?

Don't wait. Morning after pill. And visit clinic.
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
Don't wait. Morning after pill. And visit clinic.

I don't need morning after pill though, I didn't have vaginal sex?
Is it too early to get tested? I'm reading stuff online about how HIV needs about a month
You said that you had vaginal sex in your first message - you'd still be in the window for EllaOne to be effective.

I'd get a STI check in two weeks or sooner and again if you have any symptoms. Then I'd get a further follow up HIV check up as advised.

Sounds like a pretty risky night out, these things happen but it's worth considering what you can do to mitigate the risks in the future. Looking after your overall wellbeing, No/less drugs/drink (one or the other), condoms on hand, buddy to keep an eye on you. Not wild about anyone who is having sex with someone in such a state either.

Take some time to recover and get checked out. :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JTfoxlove
You said that you had vaginal sex in your first message - you'd still be in the window for EllaOne to be effective.

I'd get a STI check in two weeks or sooner and again if you have any symptoms. Then I'd get a further follow up HIV check up as advised.

Sounds like a pretty risky night out, these things happen but it's worth considering what you can do to mitigate the risks in the future. Looking after your overall wellbeing, No/less drugs/drink (one or the other), condoms on hand, buddy to keep an eye on you. Not wild about anyone who is having sex with someone in such a state either.

Take some time to recover and get checked out. :smile:

I went to the GUM clinic. They did the first inspection where they took a few swabs and looks like I wasnt infected. Then they tested me for chlamydia and gonorrhea and said I'll get the results in a few days.
Then in six weeks, I'm booked in for a blood test!
Super. :smile:

I'd still keep an eye out and if you have any doubts or want further reassurance, in discussion with them, get tested again when you go for your bloods.
Reply 6
Super. :smile:

I'd still keep an eye out and if you have any doubts or want further reassurance, in discussion with them, get tested again when you go for your bloods.

We had vagina sex but he didn't come in my vagina. Should I ask about Ella One anyway? might be too late now
We had vagina sex but he didn't come in my vagina. Should I ask about Ella One anyway? might be too late now

If you're not on the pill I personally would. It's lower risk but viable sperm can be present even if the male does not reach climax. For this reason vaginal penetration without protection and/or the pull out method is not safe.

Ella One is 120 hours (5 days) - so depending on when you had sex it's still possible to take it.
Reply 8
If you're not on the pill I personally would. It's lower risk but viable sperm can be present even if the male does not reach climax. For this reason vaginal penetration without protection and/or the pull out method is not safe.

Ella One is 120 hours (5 days) - so depending on when you had sex it's still possible to take it.

I had sex in the early hours of Friday morning so will it still work if I buy it and take it tomorrow morning?
Is it sold at Boots?
Just wondering cos at GUM they didn't say anything about the morning after pill when I told them what happened so I didn't think about it! Am worried now
Reply 9

If you had vaginal sex then there is no way that you could have been sure that the guy didnt produce precum with sperm in it. So safe sex everytime! How long has it been?
Thursday

Original post by mgi
If you had vaginal sex then there is no way that you could have been sure that the guy didnt produce precum with sperm in it. So safe sex everytime! How long has it been?

Early Friday morning was the sex
Reply 11
Thursday

Early Friday morning was the sex

So you have up to 120 hours afterwards to take Ellaone! Have you done so yet?
Original post by mgi
So you have up to 120 hours afterwards to take Ellaone! Have you done so yet?

No but I can totally run to boots in the morning and take it. Will it still work?
No but I can totally run to boots in the morning and take it. Will it still work?

The vast majority of pharmacies will stock it - as long as your Boots has a pharmacy you should be able to get it there.

You'll still be within the 120 hour window by my count. Ella One is 95% effective.

Worrying about it won't help - so don't bother. Just an errand for first thing in the morning.
(edited 4 years ago)
The vast majority of pharmacies will stock it - as long as your Boots has a pharmacy you should be able to get it there.

You'll still be within the 120 hour window by my count. Ella One is 95% effective.

Worrying about it won't help - so don't bother. Just an errand for first thing in the morning.

I'll be a few hours out of the count do you think 10 hours or so makes a difference?
I'll be a few hours out of the count do you think 10 hours or so makes a difference?

You're still in your 120 hours window - based upon what you've said, sex after midnight on Halloween (Eg Early Friday morning - for my workings lets say 15 mins into Friday morning) .

So anytime on Tuesday should be fine but prioritise it and try to take it in the morning.
:smile:

Friday 0.15 AM (15mins after midnight)
Saturday 0.15 AM - 24 hours
Sunday 0.15 AM - 48 hours
Monday 0.15 AM - 72 hours
Tuesday 0.15 AM - 96 hours
Wednesday 0.15 AM 120 hours
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16

Yes it will work. Just get it in the morning and take it. And stop worrying. And sort out your proper contraception needs before you have any more sex!
Reply 17
Original post by diablossom
Well if you are as whorish as you say you are, I would go immediately to the clinic.

You are being nasty for no justifiable reason. I have reported you!
Reply 18
Original post by anonymous
hi
on thursday i got really drunk on halloween and did some drugs, too.
Because of all of the substances i had taken, i let him do it. I've never had unprotected sex before (i'm 29 and always safe)
i also gave two other guys oral sex.
The next morning i woke up with a horrid sore throat and bruises all up my legs because i was drunk in my heels and fell over a billion times.
The past 2-3 days i've just been sleeping in bed and had a really sore throat. But could just be the tiredness of getting hammered and bruising self and come down etc.
I want to go and get an std check.
How long do i wait?

stop having sex with boys who look like goats then

Quick Reply

Latest