The Student Room Group

Dropping out of HND Course

My health has really gotten the better of me since I started the second year of my HND course.

When I completed and passed my first year of HND (HNC) they said we could leave then with a certificate or stay on to do the full HND.

I chose to stay on because I love the course, however I am struggling to even leave the house because of my medical issues.

I want to know if I decided to drop out, whether I could still get my HNC?

Any advice is greatly appreciated
phone them up! that's a sort of question that colleges are good at dealing with

you might also be able to transfer any completed Module credits this year & previous years, to an Open University distance learning degree

after my HNC I did later start a science degree with the OU, but haven't quite finished it yet
Original post by Anonymous
My health has really gotten the better of me since I started the second year of my HND course.

When I completed and passed my first year of HND (HNC) they said we could leave then with a certificate or stay on to do the full HND.

I chose to stay on because I love the course, however I am struggling to even leave the house because of my medical issues.

I want to know if I decided to drop out, whether I could still get my HNC?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Hello,

If you were to leave now you would have an HNC, you could always speak to your tutors and administration first to get a hold of the qualification.

If you are having to leave due to health issues it might be worthwhile to see if you can complete the course long distance if you can provide proof.

Additionally be aware if you leave early then this will count as a year of study and could affect you if you were looking to apply for university after finishing the HND. Once again, if you are dropping out due to health reasons then you would be best getting confirmation from your college that you were dropping out due to this reason.

If you were to do this then it would mean you could apply for compelling personal reasons to get another year of funding made available should you wish to start another degree.

I'm aware this was more than you initially asked for but leaving has some effects that I think are good to be aware of!

Patrick :lep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending