The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
WithFlyingColours
The arrogance of some of the females on this thread is worrying. I've always had a theory about why girls seem to think they are superior to men, and it's because they don't grow up with the same level of competition as we do. Unfortunately their scheming ways of becoming equal are affecting this country badly. Why not earn equality? If you're equal it will show eventually. Becoming equal through laws and legislation is like getting daddy to buy you a new car because it's what you want.

Why should women have to "earn" equality? That's like saying that legislation creating more equality between white and black people should never have been passed because black people had to "earn" equality. I don't think I'm superior to a man, I just think I deserve to get equal pay to someone working in the same job as me.
Reply 201
WithFlyingColours
Haha! That would silence her - what an achievement to silence a woman eh :wink:

The arrogance of some of the females on this thread is worrying. I've always had a theory about why girls seem to think they are superior to men, and it's because they don't grow up with the same level of competition as we do. Unfortunately their scheming ways of becoming equal are affecting this country badly. Why not earn equality? If you're equal it will show eventually. Becoming equal through laws and legislation is like getting daddy to buy you a new car because it's what you want.

The arrogance of the men in this thread is worrying..
Reply 202
And how is that dangerous? Are you a part of the track?
In my opinion you don't do that to anyone, man or woman.

Funny how women seem to think they can go around slapping who they want then isn't it.

How about they scrap women's olympics and let them compete with the men if we're so equal?
Reply 204
For withflying colours:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1538139/Working-mothers-'damage-their-child's-health'.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/505841.stm
Reply 205
WithFlyingColours
Haha! That would silence her - what an achievement to silence a woman eh :wink:

This is my view exactly. Feminism has no need to exist in our modern culture and the idea that it's all about equality is bull. Feminism, by its very name, has chosen to pick the side of the women to fight on, it doesn't care about the ways in which men face inequality (later retirement, longer hours, earlier death, divorce courts, lack of advertisement of male related cancer etc.). If they really gave two hoots about equality they would dub themselves equality and work to stamp out inequality wherever it reared its head.
Reply 206
WithFlyingColours

How about they scrap women's olympics and let them compete with the men if we're so equal?

No because physically we're very different, thats a stupid comment.

And yes if women do the same job as men they should earn the same amount of money.
Reply 207
What kind of question is that?! That answer is yes, equality is something which I hope for with all my heart. Why shouldn't we get the same, if we are just as qualified, just as hard-working, being paid the same is not much to ask for. It is sickening the difference of pay. I don't want to work hard in my education, just to get a job where I am not as valued as the male counterparts. We are all human and deserve the same opportunities in life. Women can do jobs just as well as males, maybe even better in some cases. I don't ask for more than men, just being equal.
Reply 208
tumtetum
For withflying colours:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1538139/Working-mothers-'damage-their-child's-health'.html

I think we can all agree that it's better for children to be looked after in their earlier years. What do these articles have to do with anything at all?
Reply 209
tumtetum
And how is that dangerous? Are you a part of the track?

You don't think working on the railway is dangerous? I have no answer to that. Your stupidity is overwhelming. To make trhings clear i don't work on a train i work on the tracks (where people get hit by trains and have heavy things fall on them, lots of trips and falls).
How often have you had an operation on site at your work place?

Curiously i have earned upto £16/per hour a lot more than my girlfriend has ever earned. Perhaps they should increase her wages working in an office on the phone to make us more equal?
Reply 211
~Hazzle*
What kind of question is that?! That answer is yes, equality is something which I hope for with all my heart. Why shouldn't we get the same, if we are just as qualified, just as hard-working, being paid the same is not much to ask for. It is sickening the difference of pay. I don't want to work hard in my education, just to get a job where I am not as valued as the male counterparts. We are all human and deserve the same opportunities in life. Women can do jobs just as well as males, maybe even better in some cases.

There is no pay difference, put the excuse down. If women worked the same long hours, in the same danger etc. Then they would be paid more. As it stands women favour job flexibility and being in the same part of the country over money, where as men don't. There is no pay gap between like for like employment, unless of course you take into account that if a woman did exactly the same job as men they would be paid 127% of the mans pay... You can't claim you don't have the same opportunities either, there are more women in university ffs.
Reply 212
Elipsis
This is my view exactly. Feminism has no need to exist in our modern culture and the idea that it's all about equality is bull. Feminism, by its very name, has chosen to pick the side of the women to fight on, it doesn't care about the ways in which men face inequality (later retirement, longer hours, earlier death, divorce courts, lack of advertisement of male related cancer etc.). If they really gave two hoots about equality they would dub themselves equality and work to stamp out inequality wherever it reared its head.

I hate it when people attribute the name of feminism to sexism. It's called "feminism" because when it started, it was the women who were oppressed, so it concentrated on women's rights because they had so few in comparison to men. The name has stayed the same because, well, it has. I don't see why the name is so important. I consider myself a feminist but I think later retirement for men and bias in divorce courts is wrong. Equally, it annoys me when people insist on using "chairperson" instead of "chairman", as though there's something inherently sexist with the word "chairman".
Reply 213
Misogynist
Equality doesn't mean equal pay. It means justice in salaries.

If you do the job better, you get paid more. Men usually do the job better. I can't see what all the fuss and arguments are all about.

THIS is equality.

If you leave this part out, I agree with you.
Reply 214
Bornstubborn
Curiously i have earned upto £16/per hour a lot more than my girlfriend has ever earned. Perhaps they should increase her wages working in an office on the phone to make us more equal?

No, but if she took the same job as you she should be paid the same, and if you switch jobs the wage difference should be the same as it is now.
For withflying colours:

I'm glad we've come to agreement, women should look after their children and the men should provide. Just as nature intended.

Why should women have to "earn" equality? That's like saying that legislation creating more equality between white and black people should never have been passed because black people had to "earn" equality.

That is not a fair analogy. Women are trying to justify equal wages. Wages are earnt, get over it.

I don't think I'm superior to a man, I just think I deserve to get equal pay to someone working in the same job as me.

Which you get. How many times?
Reply 216
Bornstubborn
You don't think working on the railway is dangerous? I have no answer to that. Your stupidity is overwhelming. To make trhings clear i don't work on a train i work on the tracks (where people get hit by trains and have heavy things fall on them, lots of trips and falls).

'Your stupidity is overwhelming' - what, because I don't agree with you? And how often have you been hit by a train? ?

I do not work. I am a student. But while working as an off-piste ski guide I have dislocated several things and had them relocated there and then. But I wasn't aware this was a competition?
Reply 218
Bornstubborn

That's not what women want though.. The only thing we eant, is that if your girlfriend did the same job, then she should get the same rewards.
Reply 219
"Maternity pay is met by the employer and refunded by the government. Depending on the size of the organisation, the Department of Work and Pensions repays between 90% and 105% of the figure to the employer, with smaller organisations getting greater compensation."

So most if not all (sometimes even more) of maternity pay is paid back, possibly could be a nuisance for the company to find cover- but many people rely on maternity cover type jobs, so they'll always find someone.

Anyway, not all women do have babies, and even if they do- for the time that they are doing the same job, in the same place, with the same hours and responsibilities, of course should be paid the same!

Latest

Trending

Trending