The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

University of Surrey Accommodation

Hello. I wanted to know from any surrey students where the best accommodation is for first years? I quite liked the sound of Manor Park as it seems more of a tranquil place. I fear that the accommodation at Stag Hill may be really loud and rowdy? Am I wrong in assuming this? I would love to know how current students are finding their accommodation. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hello. I wanted to know from any surrey students where the best accommodation is for first years? I quite liked the sound of Manor Park as it seems more of a tranquil place. I fear that the accommodation at Stag Hill may be really loud and rowdy? Am I wrong in assuming this? I would love to know how current students are finding their accommodation. Thanks!

Stag hill is louder and the rooms a bit smaller but depending on what you’re studying maybe more convenient for lectures. You also have more near by such as eating places, clubs and bars and the library. Manor park is quieter but still a little noisy at times there’s a couple of places to eat and they do serve drinks but are not open late you would have to travel further for services such as the hive, library and shop but sports park is on site. Bus is regular so travel to main campus is easy but does sometimes get very busy. What campus you chose is going to be wether you’re more interested in sports and quite or having lots of stuff really nearby I can answer any questions you have.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Jazzy3991
Stag hill is louder and the rooms a bit smaller but depending on what you’re studying maybe more convenient for lectures. You also have more near by such as eating places, clubs and bars and the library. Manor park is quieter but still a little noisy at times there’s a couple of places to eat and they do serve drinks but are not open late you would have to travel further for services such as the hive, library and shop but sports park is on site. Bus is regular so travel to main campus is easy but does sometimes get very busy. What campus you chose is going to be wether you’re more interested in sports and quite or having lots of stuff really nearby I can answer any questions you have.

Thank you so much for your advice! Naturally I am a quieter person and so Manor park seems ok. Do you know how long it would take to cycle between campuses as i think that could be an option for me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending