The Student Room Group

Loughbourough vs Oxford Brookes

Hello everyone, I am new on this page, so I don’t know if I am posting in the right forum lol.
But anyway, I am an international student, and have the choice of going to Lborough or Oxford Brookes for one exchange semester. Which one should I choose? I’m not exactly looking for good quality of teaching. I’m more interested in student life, nightlife, activities to do in the city, and such.
Loughborough is a better university but if you're interested in nightlife then definitely oxford brooks :smile:
Loughborough is in a town in the Midlands that wont be that interesting for anyone from overseas. Its also a Uni firmly focused on sport. If you aren't into that, think twice about Loughborough.

Oxford Brookes is in Oxford so that would be a wonderful exchange experience - a thousand things to do, good nightlife and not far from London. Its on a lovely tree filled site and has good accommodation options. Recommended.
If you're looking at it for more of a cultural experience, it's hard to beat Oxford as a city. Loughborough is really kind of just...a random town in the midlands. Oxford is Oxford - even if you aren't studying in the colleges, you can admire their architecture and gardens from afar and often they'll have public tours you can go on. There will also be plenty of historic locations in the town besides. Oxford is also better located if you wanted to go on a day trip to London on a weekend at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending