The Student Room Group

Dropping out of Uni

If I drop out of university at the end of the semester. Will I be credited for the modules that I've already completed?

Essentially, will I have anything official to show for it?

I'm seriously considering dropping university at the end of this semester. I'm not feeling 100% about it and to be quite frank I don't want to get into a huge mountain of debt for a degree I don't feel 100% about and that doesn't guarantee a well paying job at the end of it (History).

Many thanks for your help.
You should speak to your advisor about this but definitely don't feel pressured into doing it if you're really not liking it. uni's not worth getting into debt over if you don't want it. i'm guessing this varies from uni though (whether you get anything to show for it). wishing you all the best x
Original post by Anonymous
If I drop out of university at the end of the semester. Will I be credited for the modules that I've already completed?

Essentially, will I have anything official to show for it?

I'm seriously considering dropping university at the end of this semester. I'm not feeling 100% about it and to be quite frank I don't want to get into a huge mountain of debt for a degree I don't feel 100% about and that doesn't guarantee a well paying job at the end of it (History).

Many thanks for your help.

How far into the degree are you?
What sort of credit do you want?
When dropping out they normally round it off to the nearest completed year to give you a certhe or diphe.
Reply 3
I'm sorry to hear that.
As far as I know, Chinese universities are much cheaper

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending