The Student Room Group

Personal statement

Hello, I am third year student of Psychology at University of Derby, UK.
I am interested to apply for the Masters of Research degree in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at UCL ,UK.
Could someone help me with the personal statement??
Thanks in advanced !!
Original post by Vasiliki_apeir
Hello, I am third year student of Psychology at University of Derby, UK.
I am interested to apply for the Masters of Research degree in Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology at UCL ,UK.
Could someone help me with the personal statement??
Thanks in advanced !!

Hi there!

What an amazing Masters Degree to be interested in! Personal Statements are really fun to write because it's a great opportunity to chat about you and toot your own horn! And with a fabulous degree and aspiring Masters in the pipeline you have every reason to toot your own horn!

So here's my top tips on how to write the best personal statement!

Think big and think bold! Most courses do not require an interview so your personal statement is your chance to sell yourself. Draw on your strengths, experiences and skills to impress!

So why are you applying? What is your understanding of the subject? Why are you the best person the university can have on the course?

What are your strengths? Talk about your experience and evidence it with strong demonstrative examples but try not to talk about your hobbies too much. And do not give your own opinions without evidence.

Be super enthusiastic! Use emotion and passion in your personal statement, these are the ones that stand out and make you on paper become real in admissions eyes.

Now for the basics... Consider your paragraphs, don't be too much but don't be too stingy. Provide a nice balance of both academic and extra-curricular content. What inspires you? What inspires your choices? Be honest, honesty is the best policy!

Finally end on a positive note.

I hope this helps! And a huge Good Luck!!

Robyn

:rave:
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi there!

What an amazing Masters Degree to be interested in! Personal Statements are really fun to write because it's a great opportunity to chat about you and toot your own horn! And with a fabulous degree and aspiring Masters in the pipeline you have every reason to toot your own horn!

So here's my top tips on how to write the best personal statement!

Think big and think bold! Most courses do not require an interview so your personal statement is your chance to sell yourself. Draw on your strengths, experiences and skills to impress!

So why are you applying? What is your understanding of the subject? Why are you the best person the university can have on the course?

What are your strengths? Talk about your experience and evidence it with strong demonstrative examples but try not to talk about your hobbies too much. And do not give your own opinions without evidence.

Be super enthusiastic! Use emotion and passion in your personal statement, these are the ones that stand out and make you on paper become real in admissions eyes.

Now for the basics... Consider your paragraphs, don't be too much but don't be too stingy. Provide a nice balance of both academic and extra-curricular content. What inspires you? What inspires your choices? Be honest, honesty is the best policy!

Finally end on a positive note.

I hope this helps! And a huge Good Luck!!

Robyn

:rave:

thanks a lot !! <3
Original post by Vasiliki_apeir
thanks a lot !! <3

hi there @Vasiliki_apeir

You're welcome and good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending