The Student Room Group

Is this wrong?

I’m 17 and I share a room with my 19 year old sister. I know I should be grateful to even have a roof over my head and I am, but it’s stressful and she’s on a gap year so stays up till the crack of dawn on her phone, while I’m trying to sleep early so that I can wake up and revise for my A level exams. Our room is quiet small anyway, so it’s tough sharing it and to be honest we don’t get on well when we’re apart, let alone together. I know I need to suck it up and I can’t click my fingers and magically make another bedroom appear, but it’s frustrating sometimes.
Don’t worry it’s not wrong. I used to share a room with my younger sister I hated it sooooo much. Now we go to the same boarding school and she’s constantly in my room when I’m trying to revise for my a levels. I love her to pieces but it can be irritating
17 and 19? Thats not that bad honestly, at least its not 17 and 10 or 12, you're both teenagers and should understand the need for space. Try talking to your sister about the phone, if you really are struggling to get enough sleep maybe set up a family meeting to discuss it. But like you said, you can't magic up another bedroom so I don't know what else you want people to suggest.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 17 and I share a room with my 19 year old sister. I know I should be grateful to even have a roof over my head and I am, but it’s stressful and she’s on a gap year so stays up till the crack of dawn on her phone, while I’m trying to sleep early so that I can wake up and revise for my A level exams. Our room is quiet small anyway, so it’s tough sharing it and to be honest we don’t get on well when we’re apart, let alone together. I know I need to suck it up and I can’t click my fingers and magically make another bedroom appear, but it’s frustrating sometimes.

Your sister is being a bit insensitive and thoughtlesss. You need to request that she consider your feelings and needs as well as hers! She can be on her phone in the living room cant she? or she can agree not to be on her phone in the bedroom between 10pm and 6.30am? But go out with her and talk it through!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending