The Student Room Group

Breaking up with my boyfriend?

Hi, I’ve been with my boyfriend for nearly 6 months now, and I love him a lot. He’s the sweetest guy ever and he brings a smile onto my face, I really do adore him. He’s 19 and I’m 18. Only problem is that he’s Filipino and I’m Albanian. My parents are extremely strict on this stuff and they don’t know, it’s been a struggle hiding him for these months. Imagining a future with him could only be possible if I told my parents and they disowned me. They know about him and know he exists, and that I really like him but every time he is mentioned, they make racist comments and say how it would be disgraceful if I got with him. They make racist jokes and I cant deal with it, it’s making me feel bad. I want them to know but I’m not ready to be shamed and possibly disowned, I’m not even kidding. I feel the best thing could be to break up with him, because I can’t give him what he deserves and I don’t wanna keep pushing him through this cycle of keeping him away fron my parents. Part of me wants to just tell my parents and whichever way they react, to accept it and worse case scenario: they cut me off and kick me out, I really like him that but it could be extreme seeing as I’ve only been with him for under 6 months and anything could go wrong. I just feel that he deserves better than this and with my restrictions, I can’t give him the relationship he deserves. Does anyone have any advice? Is my little plan of action and justification fair? I really love him and it’s painful even thinking about it but my parents would never allow it, I just feel it.
What would you lose financially if your parents disowned you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending