The Student Room Group

How do you deal with toxic people

So unfortunately I live with a family member who is so toxic and life is so hard with them. They have there occasional moments where they are in a bad mood because of something and the saddest thing is if you are around them they expect you to be in a bad mood as well and if your not in bad mood with them they will do anything to ruin your mood!!! They make a huge fuss and argument of the most littlest things. If I don’t speak to them they think I am begging rude and when I do speak to them they cause arguments. They also talk bad be hind people’s back! Another bad thing about them is when’s they are not at home everyone’s happy but as soon they come back everything becomes toxic and hard. Once they were away for holiday for one month and it felt like I was on holiday even though I was working full time! Has anyone got any suggestions how I can deal with this toxic people not to mention they have a problem with everything you do. Please suggest how to deal with people like this?
How old are you? Can you move out?
Reply 2
Get rid

Or deal with them as little as possible if that isn't quite possible
Reply 3
depends. if i can benefit from my relationship with them in any way, i'll adapt and learn to tiptoe around them. if i have no use for them (which i think is the case here) i just cut them out of my life.
I am 19 and haven’t sorted out what I want to do with my life. I wanted to go to uni but unfortunately my grades won’t good enough for the course I wanted to do so I have taken this year as gap year and later I’ll get back to collage when I made my decision what I want to do @yaliaV
Also to note moving out is not really a sensible option for me right now so I would really appreciate if you guys can suggest how to deal with them for now.

Quick Reply

Latest