The Student Room Group

Is this a toxic work behaviour?

I work with very egoistic people, who are loud mouths, who would go excessively to do things to get praised and awarded by others. They think they're the best person in the whole world, and they love to look down and speak negatively to people with less experience than them.

Anyway my boss doesn't like me much because I'm not a egoistic person like my colleagues are, I stay calm and don't show off my confidence.
My boss wants me to be like my colleagues more.

I've been at my job for almost 2yrs and I have never ever received a praised by my praised. They have never congratulated me on anything I do.
But my boss always praises my colleagues who all have big egos

I'm just being me, I have gone through so much stuff in my life that I am happy with who I am. I'm not gonna change to suit other people's expectations

Is this a toxic work behaviour?
Dunno, is your job one which naturally rewards overconfident loud mouths? How do these differences manifest in terms of actually doing your job?
Reply 2
If you're egoistic, loud mouthed and overly confident everybody admires you and that's where all the praise and awards comes in. They hate like quiet people like me, who are calm and composed, and don't show off their confidence. They regard quiet people as negative and don't care about the team
It doesn't strike me as toxic, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending