The Student Room Group

Recommended books for A level History?

Screw it. I was trying to study this subject completely through the internet but I dont think Im finding enough information for almost any paper. What are your guys' recommended books for AS and A level history? Do the CIE endorsed books encompass all the topics and provide adequate information on them or do I need to buy other books too? Im doing the American option in Paper 1, Modern Europe option in Paper 2, Cold War in Paper 3, and American option in Paper 4. Would appreciate the help. Thanks.
Im pretty sure I did a different exam board (i only had 3 exams and 1 coursework component) and i want to preface by saying its incredibly unlikely youll be able to find all the information on the internet (atleast, not what the specification is looking for from you).
Id say the best place to start would be the recommend textbooks, and any additional revision guides, I found these typically had some recommended reading somewhere in the book, normally listed at the back.
If you are struggling with a particular topic/area in particular you could then look for books that will help you revise that area.
Revise completely through the internet is probably a bad strategy. You're not going to find the content that is specific to your specification and exam, you're not going to find anything in enough detail or you'll find it in too much detail and nothing will be orientated towards your course.

Of course the endorsed books encompass all the topics. Get them. Makes no sense to not have them already if you don't have any other textbook. Check out the hodder education ones as well because they're really good.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending