The Student Room Group

don't wanna go back to uni after I was sexually assaulted

so at the end of last time I had gone out drinking with friends from halls when I came back I went to sleep the problem is my room the door doesn't shut properly I reported it twice and nothing has been done. anyway I had fallen asleep in my room but I woke up to find a guy on top of me kissing me and fondling my breasts he had undone my jeans and half pulled them down, I screamed get off me in which he got off and ran out at the same time two girls in my halls heard the commotion and ran in but instead of helping me they took the piss when they saw me shaking one even said oh nice foo foo you have. I didn't report him because I was too scared and a friend of mine was also sexually assaulted last year but when she reported it it got dropped because lack of evidence. I really dont wanna go back to uni this term, what do I do?
Original post by Anonymous
so at the end of last time I had gone out drinking with friends from halls when I came back I went to sleep the problem is my room the door doesn't shut properly I reported it twice and nothing has been done. anyway I had fallen asleep in my room but I woke up to find a guy on top of me kissing me and fondling my breasts he had undone my jeans and half pulled them down, I screamed get off me in which he got off and ran out at the same time two girls in my halls heard the commotion and ran in but instead of helping me they took the piss when they saw me shaking one even said oh nice foo foo you have. I didn't report him because I was too scared and a friend of mine was also sexually assaulted last year but when she reported it it got dropped because lack of evidence. I really dont wanna go back to uni this term, what do I do?
I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced this. :frown:

I would strongly advise you to report it, at the very least to the university. They can finally fix that stupid door, abd they have a duty of care to protect you, including with how this experience may affect your ability to concentrate on assignments.

Is the building you live in open access? If you require a key or a card to get in then that may narrow it down to somebody in that building. Reporting it and the university investigating could lead to him not being able to do it to anyone else.
Reply 2
Original post by 04MR17
I'm really sorry to hear you've experienced this. :frown:

I would strongly advise you to report it, at the very least to the university. They can finally fix that stupid door, abd they have a duty of care to protect you, including with how this experience may affect your ability to concentrate on assignments.

Is the building you live in open access? If you require a key or a card to get in then that may narrow it down to somebody in that building. Reporting it and the university investigating could lead to him not being able to do it to anyone else.

yeah you need a key to get in but I have seen the guy around halls before makes me sick though the thought of him...
Original post by Anonymous
yeah you need a key to get in but I have seen the guy around halls before makes me sick though the thought of him...
So you would be able to identify him from sight? Then as you rightly point out this may make you uncomfortable and seeing him around uni might be something you continue to experience if he isn't reported. It's entirely possible that he has done or will do this to other women and I would suggest that the university deserves a fighting chance of keeping you all safe. At the very least this could be to move him away, potentially to an all male block; or it could lead to his suspension and exclusion from the university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending