The Student Room Group

Can the front desk tell you your results ?

I had a colposcopy a week ago and I just called they said the results came in a few days ago but couldn’t give me results and that I was going to get a phone call could that mean they came back not normal?
Original post by Countrygirl1996
I had a colposcopy a week ago and I just called they said the results came in a few days ago but couldn’t give me results and that I was going to get a phone call could that mean they came back not normal?

No, it does not mean your results are not normal.
They are not allowed to give you any results regardless of whether the results are good or not.
People taking phone calls are not trained to interpret results, so they can't give you fully informed information.
Only Drs and consultants (or whoever requested the test) are allowed to give results to patients.
Original post by Appirition
Only Drs and consultants (or whoever requested the test) are allowed to give results to patients.

Definitely not true. I have gotten all my results (apart from abnormal ones) through reception at my practice.
I’ve had most my results as well from a receptionist so found it a little odd when they said the doctor would call me

Quick Reply

Latest