The Student Room Group

gym group banned not my fault

Please dont be too harsh, I bought two memberships for the gym group one for me and one for my sister. I accidentally copied and pasted my code to her and when she tried to get into the gym I was already inside, so it didn't let her in. Will this result in me getting my account banned? Anyone with experience of this let me know as I just spent £25 on this membership
bump
Just go to the front desk and explain the error.
Original post by wantedusername25
Please dont be too harsh, I bought two memberships for the gym group one for me and one for my sister. I accidentally copied and pasted my code to her and when she tried to get into the gym I was already inside, so it didn't let her in. Will this result in me getting my account banned? Anyone with experience of this let me know as I just spent £25 on this membership

No you wont. If the person is already inside, the code wont work. Major gyms know that some people try to finesse their membership, so it wont be a big deal.

Keep your mouth shut and dont allow it to happen again.
Original post by Wired_1800
Keep your mouth shut and dont allow it to happen again.

I don't think they did anything wrong because they paid for two people...
Original post by iL1L
I don't think they did anything wrong because they paid for two people...

The OP’s sister tried to use his code which could have been viewed as ‘code sharing’ that is not allowed in many gyms.
Original post by Wired_1800
The OP’s sister tried to use his code which could have been viewed as ‘code sharing’ that is not allowed in many gyms.

should I just accept my fate that ill be banned? I have anxiety so really struggling with this. it was a genuine error rather than trying to use my one code (we both have separate codes so what's the point just trying to use one?)
should I just accept my fate that ill be banned? I have anxiety so really struggling with this. it was a genuine error rather than trying to use my one code (we both have separate codes so what's the point just trying to use one?)

As I said, just go to them and explain and show them that you have paid for both and just by error the same one was used both times. They'll have gotten their money and see you weren't code sharing to cheap out on them.

You wont be banned. I would suggest that you carry on with your life as normal.

If your anxiety is too much, you should follow artful’s advice and explain yourself. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest