The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hmm, dont know much but have to searched about Catholics? thats actually too good and if u want i can talk about Jesus the Saviour!
Reply 2
Original post by instavscogirl
Someone please tell me some things about Islam it’s such a beautiful religion which I saw for myself... I just want to know more about it like an overview and what are their beliefs and things like why they celebrate eid and their other festivals/celebrations... anyone able to tell me?

The core of all religions is the same. In Islam they use the word Allah, other religions use other words. But the supreme being is the same.
The differences that we perceive (festivals, clothing, traditions etc) are MAN made. For example, the concept of sharia is NOT in the koran ... and yet we have dogmatic zealots telling women they have to dress in a certain way. Focus on what God tells us to do and less on what imperfect humans are telling us.
Original post by ukrj
The core of all religions is the same. In Islam they use the word Allah, other religions use other words. But the supreme being is the same.
The differences that we perceive (festivals, clothing, traditions etc) are MAN made. For example, the concept of sharia is NOT in the koran ... and yet we have dogmatic zealots telling women they have to dress in a certain way. Focus on what God tells us to do and less on what imperfect humans are telling us.

did u know we humans are ever so imperfect and sinful yet Jesus live in our heart? In not because we are worthy but because he died for our sins and infirmities.
oh wow, do they actually?
Reply 5
Original post by AlenJoseph
did u know we humans are ever so imperfect and sinful yet Jesus live in our heart? In not because we are worthy but because he died for our sins and infirmities.

Yes i did know. But i hope you are not suggesting we do whatever we like cos Jesus paid for it all already! It is not a blank cheque.

So believe in Jesus, do what he says (Bible). But don't get hung up on interpreted dogma by by local priest if those interpretations take you away from Jesus. For example, where does the koran say it is OK to do FGM or go behead people who disagree with you? It doesn't ... and yet there are crazy imams telling muslims that this must be done and you've seen what has been in syria by such followers.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by A Rolling Stone
what is it about beheadings and jihad that you find appealing?

bruh was there a reason to be so detestable? the op is exploring the beauty of islam
Google it..
Original post by ukrj
Yes i did know. But i hope you are not suggesting we do whatever we like cos Jesus paid for it all already! It is not a blank cheque.

So believe in Jesus, do what he says (Bible). But don't get hung up on interpreted dogma by by local priest if those interpretations take you away from Jesus. For example, where does the koran say it is OK to do FGM or go behead people who disagree with you? It doesn't ... and yet there are crazy imams telling muslims that this must be done and you've seen what has been in syria by such followers.

oh man, u a Follower of Jesus? Amen, praise the Lord brother. Ye it is not an insurance so we may do evil for even though God is merciful he is Just so therefore we see many times where God had punished and blessed the people.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
what is it about beheadings and jihad that you find appealing?

Smh you know nothing, not even muslim or anything but do have muslim mates and even I know that’s not what Islam is about, but like with any group of people you get idiots, now consider the fact there are almost 2 billion muslims in the world compared to how many beheadings/attacks etc you hear of..

Idiot
Original post by ThuggerThugger
Smh you know nothing, not even muslim or anything but do have muslim mates and even I know that’s not what Islam is about, but like with any group of people you get idiots, now consider the fact there are almost 2 billion muslims in the world compared to how many beheadings/attacks etc you hear of..

Idiot

aye bro, just leave it and forgive him man
Someone please tell me some things about Islam it’s such a beautiful religion which I saw for myself... I just want to know more about it like an overview and what are their beliefs and things like why they celebrate eid and their other festivals/celebrations... anyone able to tell me?

:’) Reading this has made me so happy as I usually only see people hating on, spreading lies and slandering Islam on TSR (as a few keyboard warriors have already displayed here but we don’t pay attention to them). I am not the perfect muslim and not at the stage I aspire to be however I can help a bit XD. Islam is monotheistic and that is the foundation of being a muslim which is: That there is no God but Allah coupled up with that Muhammed (Peace be upon him) is the final messenger (Muslims MUST also believe in other messengers too such as Jesus( Isa) Moses( Musa) and Abraham(Ibrahim). There are two Eids- one(Fitr) which celebrates the end of Ramadan the blessed holy month where the Devil is locked up and forgiveness is abundant. And the second (Adha) which celebrates the love between Abraham and his son Ishmael (Ismail). I hope this has helped a bit, you can PM me if you want to know anything else I hope your journey of discovering Islam is a beautiful one xxxx
Original post by euphoriapity
:’) Reading this has made me so happy as I usually only see people hating on, spreading lies and slandering Islam on TSR (as a few keyboard warriors have already displayed here but we don’t pay attention to them). I am not the perfect muslim and not at the stage I aspire to be however I can help a bit XD. Islam is monotheistic and that is the foundation of being a muslim which is: That there is no God but Allah coupled up with that Muhammed (Peace be upon him) is the final messenger (Muslims MUST also believe in other messengers too such as Jesus( Isa) Moses( Musa) and Abraham(Ibrahim). There are two Eids- one(Fitr) which celebrates the end of Ramadan the blessed holy month where the Devil is locked up and forgiveness is abundant. And the second (Adha) which celebrates the love between Abraham and his son Ishmael (Ismail). I hope this has helped a bit, you can PM me if you want to know anything else I hope your journey of discovering Islam is a beautiful one xxxx

yo thats sick! im feel sorry for all the suffering you had endured and i hope you may be blessed and refreshed xx
aye bro, just leave it and forgive him man

Forgive him? Lol that would first require me to care about him. I a simply enlightening him with the facts, what he chooses to do with that information is his choice and has not affect on my life.
aye thats just straight up rude, alright i didnt help with the islamci traditions but i dont know any and I am a catholic but @euphoriapity did actually answer the question.

Islam is the second most popular religion and we believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger. Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah and was universal and Allah revealed the Quran to him on the night of power. The Quran is the most holiest book of Islam written in Arabic and is recited by Muslims. There are two Eids: eid ul fitr which is a celebration after the fasting month of Ramadan has ended its a big feast. The other eid is Eid ul Adha commemorating the story of Prophet Ibrahim and Isma’il. For Shia Muslims there are many other festival which I don’t know much about as I’m sunni such as Eid ul Ghadeer and Ashura. We also believe in Jesus (Isa) but do not believe he was divine or the son of God like Christians instead we believe he is a highly honoured prophet who did not die on the cross but was instead saved by Allah and lifted into heaven. I hope this helped let me know if you want to know anything else 🙂🙂.
Reply 16
Original post by Ezza1234
Islam is the second most popular religion and we believe that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger. Muhammad is the last messenger of Allah and was universal and Allah revealed the Quran to him on the night of power. The Quran is the most holiest book of Islam written in Arabic and is recited by Muslims. There are two Eids: eid ul fitr which is a celebration after the fasting month of Ramadan has ended its a big feast. The other eid is Eid ul Adha commemorating the story of Prophet Ibrahim and Isma’il. For Shia Muslims there are many other festival which I don’t know much about as I’m sunni such as Eid ul Ghadeer and Ashura. We also believe in Jesus (Isa) but do not believe he was divine or the son of God like Christians instead we believe he is a highly honoured prophet who did not die on the cross but was instead saved by Allah and lifted into heaven. I hope this helped let me know if you want to know anything else 🙂🙂.

You refer to the Lord as "Allah", others use different name. The Lord created Jesus and all other messengers to help us. But the Lord is only ONE and he created us all.
Q. Do you really think it makes the Lord happy when he sees his children dividing themselves over dogmatic labels like muslim, christian etc?
Original post by ukrj
You refer to the Lord as "Allah", others use different name. The Lord created Jesus and all other messengers to help us. But the Lord is only ONE and he created us all.
Q. Do you really think it makes the Lord happy when he sees his children dividing themselves over dogmatic labels like muslim, christian etc?

Amen! But remeber the Catholic church is the mystical body of Christ!
aye thats just straight up rude, alright i didnt help with the islamci traditions but i dont know any and I am a catholic but @euphoriapity did actually answer the question.

Aww thank you🥺
yo thats sick! im feel sorry for all the suffering you had endured and i hope you may be blessed and refreshed xx

I wish the same for you tooo <3!

Latest

Trending

Trending