The Student Room Group

2nd year of uni seems pointless and i worthlesd

Im on my 2nd year of games art and the whole course seems pointless. I have 3 lessons a week that are only 2 hrs long and that's it for the day. Im finding it hard to get out if bed to get there for 9:00am for 2 hrs. Im struggling with work because the whole thing fills me with dread, i try to do work at home as i have all the software but the tutorials on blackboard are not simple enough fir me and im panicking because i feel stupid becayse im not picking it up as fast nor as easily as anyone else. I dont wana ask lectures becayse im scared of what they are going to say.
You need to use your tutor if you’re struggling to keep up.
Original post by Spicy Zombie
Im on my 2nd year of games art and the whole course seems pointless. I have 3 lessons a week that are only 2 hrs long and that's it for the day. Im finding it hard to get out if bed to get there for 9:00am for 2 hrs. Im struggling with work because the whole thing fills me with dread, i try to do work at home as i have all the software but the tutorials on blackboard are not simple enough fir me and im panicking because i feel stupid becayse im not picking it up as fast nor as easily as anyone else. I dont wana ask lectures becayse im scared of what they are going to say.

It sounds to me like you are on the wrong course and sinking into a depressed state. You do need to speak to your personal tutor to see what the uni can do to support you but it is also worth making a doctors appointment to see if they can help. If you do end up dropping out of uni it would be better to drop out on the grounds of your poor mental health (with an official diagnosis) because that could help you return to uni in the future if you found a course that you were better suited to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending