The Student Room Group

Why is my pee stingy with blood? Help please

Any smart people know why this is happening? (Don’t know why it’s happening so gonna give u all the facts)
Basically 5 days before my pack of pills finished I started to get cramps (my cramps normally start only a couple days before) but then a couple days after that I had sex and the day after my pee was so stingy and always felt I needed to pee (I know that can be a uti) but now a couple days later there’s blood coming out when I pee. I don’t know wether this could still be a uti, my period starting(although it normally starts 3 days into my bleed free week and it’s normally not as light) or I’m very worried it could be the beginning of a blood clot? I know I could go to the doctors but I get such anxiety over going to the doctors so I’d rather see if anyone knows why this may be!! Thanks in advance
Sounds like it could be a UTI. Blood in your urine can be a sign depending on where in your urinary tract the infection is. Girls are more prone to them sadly.

You need to go to your GP or a walk in centre and have your urine dipped so they can prescribe antibiotics if needed. They can become more serious if left untreated. It’s nothing to worry about if you go and get seen to soon
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I know I could go to the doctors but I get such anxiety over going to the doctors so I’d rather see if anyone knows why this may be!! Thanks in advance

The scarier prospect here should be random strangers on the internet diagnosing you and/or you not doing anything about it. Go see a doctor.
Original post by Sinnoh
The scarier prospect here should be random strangers on the internet diagnosing you and/or you not doing anything about it. Go see a doctor.

This 👌🏻👌🏻
An untreated UTI can be a serious problem as all you’re doing is letting the infection spread. I’d be more anxious over that prospect than going to my GP to check. No one is going to judge you if that’s what you’re scared of. A UTI is very common if that’s what it is.
Reply 4
Original post by stepheds
This 👌🏻👌🏻
An untreated UTI can be a serious problem as all you’re doing is letting the infection spread. I’d be more anxious over that prospect than going to my GP to check. No one is going to judge you if that’s what you’re scared of. A UTI is very common if that’s what it is.

Normally if I get one I just drink a lot and let it run it’s course? What can happen if I leave it...
Reply 5
Original post by Sinnoh

I find going to the doctors very intimidating tho :frown: and I end up getting views from a big amount of people so I can gage a good truthful answer
Reply 6
Sounds like it could be a UTI. Blood in your urine can be a sign depending on where in your urinary tract the infection is. Girls are more prone to them sadly.

You need to go to your GP or a walk in centre and have your urine dipped so they can prescribe antibiotics if needed. They can become more serious if left untreated. It’s nothing to worry about if you go and get seen to soon

I normally just drink a lot and let it run it’s course I didn’t realise it was a big issue ? What can happen ?
Reply 7
I find going to the doctors very intimidating tho :frown: and I end up getting views from a big amount of people so I can gage a good truthful answer

They're the people whose job it is to fix what's going wrong with your body. Go to them.

(Original post by Anonymous)
And this is the reason I get a LOT of patients who ‘self diagnose’ or ‘Google’ their symptoms and end up in my department (I’m NOT a Dr before you ask). They ‘listen to the general consensus’ rather than trusting the people who have studied for years to be in their chosen profession. Either go to your GP or go to a walk in centre if you prefer.

Sorry if this sounds rude but you wonder why you’re anxious? Listening to a large amount of people and going with the most popular answer is not the way forward.
Most of these people you will gauge your opinion on will be talking from previous experience or using Dr Google (who has you dead and buried regardless of your symptoms by the way).
Go
To
Your
GP
Sorry if this sounds rude but you wonder why you’re anxious? Listening to a large amount of people and going with the most popular answer is not the way forward.
Most of these people you will gauge your opinion on will be talking from previous experience or using Dr Google (who has you dead and buried regardless of your symptoms by the way).
Go
To
Your
GP

I’m not anxious because I listen to the majority, I’m anxious because I have social anxiety? so yeah slightly rude and inconsiderate
I get that you have social anxiety and that can be debilitating in this circumstance but please try and do your best to get help this time. Maybe ask a parent or friend to make the appointment for you if phoning makes you anxious. This could be serious if left untreated, so please go and see your GP.

A UTI cant be treated by just drinking water and generally needs antibiotics, if that's what your problem is. You need to see your GP.
Reply 12
I normally just drink a lot and let it run it’s course I didn’t realise it was a big issue ? What can happen ?

well it's an infection. Any infection (especially one that causes you to bleed when urinating) should be considered serious. I don't want to freak you out haha so I won't go into details of what a UTI could lead to but yes it can get serious if left untreated. Some go away on its own (which is clearly what happened to you in the past) but why risk it? plus healthcare is free in the UK (I'm assuming you live here) so what do you have to lose? haha
Your girlfriend bit too hard.
I've had this before it is called haematuria it is probably an infection but may be more serious better go to your doctor.

Quick Reply