The Student Room Group

btec+a-levels?

hiya!! i'm lou, and i'm currently self studying AS levels (maths, psych and french), and am going to join a college for year 13, however they don't offer french there so am going to continue self studying.

my college offers a btec in applied law, so would my 3 a levels and that btec be a good combination for liberal arts at unis such as winchester, durham, exeter and kings?

thankyou!! x
Reply 1
My daughter got an offer from Durham for LA with a btec diploma in music and 2 A levels
Original post by Muser99
My daughter got an offer from Durham for LA with a btec diploma in music and 2 A levels

that's great, i should be good then (: dyou remember what her grades were? thankyou!!
Original post by louisec.5069
hiya!! i'm lou, and i'm currently self studying AS levels (maths, psych and french), and am going to join a college for year 13, however they don't offer french there so am going to continue self studying.

my college offers a btec in applied law, so would my 3 a levels and that btec be a good combination for liberal arts at unis such as winchester, durham, exeter and kings?

thankyou!! x

You don't need 3 A levels and a BTEC.

People normally do 3 A levels alone - that is enough to get you into all unis as long as the grades are high enough.

Or they do a BTEC with 1 or 2 A levels
Reply 4
Original post by louisec.5069
that's great, i should be good then (: dyou remember what her grades were? thankyou!!

She had D*D* for btec music and was predicted AA* for her A levels. I agree for most universities you only need one btec and a couple of A levels. Daughter also applied for another course at Durham which was less competitive for that one her offer was for one A grade as she already had her music btec diploma grades.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending