The Student Room Group

Mocks 😔

Hey guys,

Hope it’s a good Tuesday well not for me,

Anyway
I’m getting really down on my mocks as my teachers say if I don’t do well I won’t do in the real exams which will be sad very

I want just some advice on what others you may thinks

😔😔😔
From a tutor - if you don't do well in your mocks, it's a learning opportunity, you will find out what things you need to work on to do better in the real exams.

Also, "the mocks" is not your only opportunity. There are loads of past papers online, you can do more mocks at home to get extra practice, and look at markschemes to understand better what you need to do to improve your marks.

Mocks often indicate how much revision someone does/is likely to do, but they are not always a perfect correlation.

When I did mine, for some subjects, it was a similar grade between mock and final, but in others the mock was around a C and the final was A-A*.

Take home message: try your best and revise for mocks, but primarily, use it as a learning opportunity.
Reply 2
That isn't true some people get a 5 on their mocks and then end up coming out with an 8 in the real thing. Just keep revising hard, and try to condense your notes so they're easy to read, understand and remember.
Make sure you do past papers, start from the oldest to the newest and it doesn't matter of they're from the old spec similar questions come up every year. This will really help as you will start to remember the answers and be able to answer repeated questions.
Honestly you'll be fine..
Reply 3
Thanks guys 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending