The Student Room Group

Architecture 2.2 odds of career?

Hi,

I’m studying architecture at a Russell group uni, I’m on track for a 2.2. I got an ACD at A Level and I have 9 GCSES grade A-C.

Are my qualifications good enough to get onto a graduate programme?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I’m studying architecture at a Russell group uni, I’m on track for a 2.2. I got an ACD at A Level and I have 9 GCSES grade A-C.

Are my qualifications good enough to get onto a graduate programme?

Thanks

What sort of graduate programme?

Architecture placements will look at your portfolio as much as your academic record. Hasn’t your course started talking about finding a graduate placement? Have you talked to any firms?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What sort of graduate programme?

Architecture placements will look at your portfolio as much as your academic record. Hasn’t your course started talking about finding a graduate placement? Have you talked to any firms?

Well, I’m trying to apply for any job that hires a 2:2 in an architecture degree. So just looking on gradchecker and everything else, no they haven’t not yet! Should I include my portfolio too?
Reply 3
Hey I ended up with a 2.2 aswell and I worked my ass off during this whole year. Just like you I don't know what went wrong but have you had any luck so far?
Reply 4
Similiar situation and would love the hear more replies....
Not all people who study architecture become architects. If you are not going onto the masters in Architecture then you have a 2.2 from a top uni and can apply for any graduate programme. Look for graduate programmes in product design (even consider doing a masters in product design) since lots of companies need product designers. Look at the Ford grad scheme for designers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending