The Student Room Group

Detentions

In year 8 I got about 6 detentions (three after schools three lunch time ones) there weren’t serious but I’m really worried if that is going to effect my future at uni and future jobs and it’s all I’m able to think about at the moment so it would be nice if someone tells me if it’s just me or not
Reply 1
No one at university will even know, let alone care, if you received a detention in year 8. 😂 This is the biggest overreaction I’ve ever seen.
Original post by _eleanor.hope
In year 8 I got about 6 detentions (three after schools three lunch time ones) there weren’t serious but I’m really worried if that is going to effect my future at uni and future jobs and it’s all I’m able to think about at the moment so it would be nice if someone tells me if it’s just me or not

no ye unis get all this data about what you did at 13 years old

it’s not looking good huh
No one will ever know about that.
If you got loads in sixth form/college, they might decide to write about it in your reference, but even that’s really unlikely. No one will ever know or care if you got in trouble in year 8.
What made you think your school could (and would) tell people about stuff like that?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
who didn’t get a detention in year 8 loool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending