The Student Room Group

My University is silencing me. Can you help?

Hi, hello how are you? I'm a student whose received a disciplinary because I made some online posts about someone trying to grope me over a year ago. I never used the person's name or the university's and I never mentioned it was another student, yet I received a disciplinary on my record and a £25 fine. Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else and how far can I contest this and if I do will I be successful?
Is this in relation to a twitter or facebook post about being sexually assaulted on a London uni campus?
I have friends that this has happened to who were ordered to delete, refused and were then threatened with disciplinary action/fines/the termination of their student registrations.
Original post by helloimawkward
Hi, hello how are you? I'm a student whose received a disciplinary because I made some online posts about someone trying to grope me over a year ago. I never used the person's name or the university's and I never mentioned it was another student, yet I received a disciplinary on my record and a £25 fine. Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else and how far can I contest this and if I do will I be successful?

Although I am probably missing lots of detail, that's outrageous, and an abuse of their position, IMO. Please name and shame.

On what basis are they fining you?

With the benefit of no risk to me, I'd report the assault to the Police and then write a stern letter to the University (as a non-lawyer) informing them that their action has failed to pervert the course of justice.
I am outraged. This is despicable. This is 2020 not 1950. Speak to Police, lawyers and If they did this to you, they must have done this to others. Reach out and see. I would even e-mail couple of newspapers to see if they want to investigate.
take this straight to the police immediately without consulting your uni. you can take this to court, especially considering the possibility that your uni has probably done this to other people also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending