The Student Room Group

Could I please get some catholic guidance if possible?

So lately I’ve been questioning lots of things and it has arrived to the point where I’m questioning stuff that I shouldn’t ... why are people dying? Like we have free will and it’s because of the original sin that we are able to “choose” what we do .. (i put quotations marks on choose because our actions imo are just what fate has planned for us .. we’re slaves of fate with a prefixed destiny and end) some say that it’s just G-d testing our faith and that’s why there’s natural disasters and etc.. happening.. I am catholic but I’m questioning the validity of everything and I hate myself because all of this is blasphemy from my head .. I should stop and believe those points but I find it hard..

2)What does the catholic church say about necrophilia like it’s morally wrong but I’ve been thinking about it a lot and I see it as harmless but what does the church say about it ??

3) I forgot the specific name that you call people in which they avoid getting help from doctors but I’m struggling to think whether it’s right for me to become one.. sure helping others is important and the bible was written in the ol’ times and I should just listen to the pope’s/catholic church’s teachings but I’m stubborn and I think it’s kind of sinful.. like I believe that there’s a consequence from making medicine for diseases.. it’s against the natural flow of the universe and maybe G-d’s will.. if G-d’s testing our faith then making cures is going against his will.. I do realise that without a healthcare system then existence is almost impossible but I’m not worried about the repercussions.. like Amish people believe that electricity is bad or horrible or that is a creation against G-d .. i know I’ve included too much philosophy and most of what wrote is stupid, incoherent and simply the epitome of idiocy but I’m scared ... I don’t want to end up in hell how ... can someone fix my head
Do NOT avoid getting help from doctors. Say you get serious cancer or some other life limiting disease. Then if you refuse treatment then that’s essentially throwing away the gift of life that He gave you. Not religious but hoping that what I’ve said makes sense...
Original post by E11i0tth11114
Do NOT avoid getting help from doctors. Say you get serious cancer or some other life limiting disease. Then if you refuse treatment then that’s essentially throwing away the gift of life that He gave you. Not religious but hoping that what I’ve said makes sense...

Oki
1) I think reading the Book of Job, Lamentations of Jeremiah and even Ecclesiates in the Bible with St. Augustine and St. Iranaeus of Lyons can give us some comfort. I can’t really explain it in such a short point, but they are good sources to understand the Christian/Catholic response to the Problem of Evil.

2) Necrophilia is seen as a sin as it damages the body of a dead person. Remember in the Creed that our second resurrection is not only a spiritual one, but also a bodily one. Thus, the Church holds any mistreatment of a corpse as grave and sinful ,

3) Please do go to a doctor, if you require help - there’s nothing in being a Catholic that prevents surgery, blood tranfusions or anything of the sort. The Church will not forbid any of that. I think that medicine is a gift from God, instead of seeing it as a perversion of the natural means or blocking God’s right to life - if the medicine helps, surely God approves. St. Luke the Evangelist himself was traditionally seen as a Greek doctor who followed Jesus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending