The Student Room Group

Lancaster A100 2020 Offer Holders

Welcome to the Lancaster University A100 2020 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medicine/mbchb-medicine-and-surgery/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hello guys I just got an offer this morning!!!! So happy! Should I send them an email saying that I firm them or what? I’m still waiting for another uni but Lancaster is my firm choice anyway.
Hello congratulations
Yes you can update ucas
My heads a mess as really worried about how they will now determine grades
I got an offer this morning too AAB! But I’m stressed about achieving the grades even though if we were sitting exams I’d be aiming for higher. Hopefully we all get what we deserve :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Langsett
Hello congratulations
Yes you can update ucas
My heads a mess as really worried about how they will now determine grades

Same, my offer is for AAA and my mock grades not that high!
Okay let’s try and remain optimistic
What’s everyone thinking for accommodation
Okay let’s try and remain optimistic
What’s everyone thinking for accommodation

I didn’t have chance to go and look round the accommodation so if anyone has any recommendations that will be great! I’m thinking standard at the minute the pictures on the website look nice and I think accommodation is what you make of it. Going for a lower price definitely so my student loan can at least cover that.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymousername
Hello guys I just got an offer this morning!!!! So happy! Should I send them an email saying that I firm them or what? I’m still waiting for another uni but Lancaster is my firm choice anyway.

I was hoping to firm them too but I’m still waiting to hear back from Liverpool. Do you think we should email them or stay patient and receive all the offers before making a decision?
Hi everyone,
Congrats on getting offers!
Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi everyone,
Congrats on getting offers!
Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Hello where do you suggest accommodation wise
Many thanks
Original post by Abihainsy
I didn’t have chance to go and look round the accommodation so if anyone has any recommendations that will be great! I’m thinking standard at the minute the pictures on the website look nice and I think accommodation is what you make of it. Going for a lower price definitely so my student loan can at least cover that.

I'm the same! Student loan + bursary is my budget at the moment. I hear accommodation is typically much cheaper at Lancaster than some other unis, and that living in the city with a group in a house can work out cheaper than live in accommodation.
Hello where do you suggest accommodation wise
Many thanks

I would recommend accommodation on campus! College wise, it doesn't matter too much. It's likely that you'll have a variety of teaching all over campus and the campus is not too big and so everywhere is reachable within 20 minutes.
You can look at accommodation and prices here: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/accommodation/
I also helped to make some videos about accommodation here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klSvhrcpjvc&list=PLm5Zzashz3KHYg_PQmgjJxJZuPNF4spxs&index=19
Let me know if there's anything else you need help with.
i got an offer as a quick question did lancaster give out all their offers and if so how many
Hey, does anyone know about applying to the April webinar? I couldn't apply after following the link.
Original post by YadaYadaYada
Hey, does anyone know about applying to the April webinar? I couldn't apply after following the link.

Good morning,
I've just spoken to the department for you. If you would like to email them on [email protected] they will be happy to help you register.
Hope that helps
Louise
Original post by Lancaster University
Good morning,
I've just spoken to the department for you. If you would like to email them on [email protected] they will be happy to help you register.
Hope that helps
Louise

Good morning!

Thank you, I've just emailed them now
Anyone seen the survey for medical applicants asking us how we think students should be chosen now we are not taking exams. It’s to inform the medical schools apparently!
Original post by Sparky125
Anyone seen the survey for medical applicants asking us how we think students should be chosen now we are not taking exams. It’s to inform the medical schools apparently!

Is this UCL one ?the link to complete is in the fastest and slowest thread
Or is this something Lancaster has posted ?
Is this UCL one ?the link to complete is in the fastest and slowest thread
Or is this something Lancaster has posted ?

Yes- the UCL one- am just wondering if that means an offer is not as solid as it first appeared. Is there going to be a rethink on offers if medical schools are concerned too many people get their grades?
Original post by Sparky125
Yes- the UCL one- am just wondering if that means an offer is not as solid as it first appeared. Is there going to be a rethink on offers if medical schools are concerned too many people get their grades?

I don’t know
There is different theories
One is that there will not be enough places as you said
The other is that ofqual will make sure only the same percentage as in recent years will get grades - so people will miss out
I am more worried about the latter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending