The Student Room Group

Will universal credit be increasing?

Will it be going up by £1000 per year because of this coronavrius outbreak? While I would have usually gotten £250 a month will I be getting slightly more?

I'm on a gap year atm
Reply 1
I guess the whole world is on a gap year tbh
no idea. the only good news is that face to face assessments (or medicals as some people call them) are suspended right now. so people don't need to worry about having to PROVE that they are ill again to the farce company behind the medicals. at least thats another one of the many little silver linings coming out of this
excuse my stupidity but where is everyone getting the figure of £1000 from? i'm reading that on daily mail as well.
Original post by MyFightSong
excuse my stupidity but where is everyone getting the figure of £1000 from? i'm reading that on daily mail as well.

It was announced tonight as part of the Government's daily update.
Original post by Anonnorth

oh ok, its so weird i'm reading the daily mail right now and missed that part :facepalm2:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
no idea. the only good news is that face to face assessments (or medicals as some people call them) are suspended right now. so people don't need to worry about having to PROVE that they are ill again to the farce company behind the medicals. at least thats another one of the many little silver linings coming out of this

Face to face assessments? Do you mean for stuff like PIP disability? I hope people get the help they need during this difficult time!
Reply 7

Original post by Anonnorth

oh ok, its so weird i'm reading the daily mail right now and missed that part :facepalm2:

I was also quite unsure on whether the figure was actually £1000 because my source was not exactly the most reliable so thanks for letting me know. Do you have any links that include any more information about this or will that all be released later in April?
Face to face assessments? Do you mean for stuff like PIP disability? I hope people get the help they need during this difficult time!

for both PIP and ESA. those on ESA who were put in the work-related component and told that they have to go to the job center about 2-3 times a year for an interview don't have to go anymore until things are back to normal. and the medial assessment - when you are first applying or re-applying for ESA or PIP and need to pass a medical first - those too have also been suspended till further notice.
Reply 9
for both PIP and ESA. those on ESA who were put in the work-related component and told that they have to go to the job center about 2-3 times a year for an interview don't have to go anymore until things are back to normal. and the medial assessment - when you are first applying or re-applying for ESA or PIP and need to pass a medical first - those too have also been suspended till further notice.

Do people still need to attend their normal appointments of UC or will telephone calls be enough?
Do people still need to attend their normal appointments of UC or will telephone calls be enough?

It sounds as if they are going to process all new claims online or by phone from what they are currently saying.
I saw this and it seems correct, this is going to be temp for 1 year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending