The Student Room Group

neighbours are too loud

im in uni and have exams. the problem is because of corona my uni and local library are not open. When I revise at home my neighbours are too loud they scream, their kid plays the pinao and they were just blasting music doing karaoke and they have guest over and I ca hear them laughing really loud. We have had trouble with the neighbours in the past and my dad is saying don't call the police and make it worse. Any advice, im behind on revision as it is?
Sounds difficult, sorry you have to go through that.
Maybe try to talk to them or leave them a polite letter/note under their door or letterbox to explain the situation? Try to explain how overwhelmed you feel and try to mostly blame the situation than them (e.g. it's not their fault that you need an environment as quiet as the library but if they tried to be quiet they would be very helpful to you or something like that)
Best of luck!
I get that, for my GCSE’s and A levels I studied at home rather than at school as my school didn’t allow that, but my neighbours would always use electric tools and shout during the day, then party in their garden with loud music all night long. It really isn’t easy and I feel bad that you’re stuck in that situation. Can you invest in a pair of noise cancelling headphones? For me, they helped so much. You can reduce the noise around you, and if you want, play quiet music to help with focus.
semi detached house? is the noise from the connecting wall? you need to sound proof the wall, which is not that easy and not that cheap. we will be stuck like this for a while.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending