The Student Room Group

First time in 2 years someone has shown interest in me

So on my profile i have a quote from a movie and in my bio i speak about my love for the movie. For the first time ever on this app this girl messaged me first about how she loves the movie too. We talk back and forth for a few hours and then she suddenly stops replying.

Its been 2 days since our last messages, now the times I've been on the app after we last spoke, I've seen that she hasn't been online since then. I've gone to message other girls, but i just can't be bothered, I know how the conversation will go on the basis of the vast majority of conversations ending the same way, girls just not wanting to converse with me (obviously there are multi reasons why) and i don't really want to talk to anyone else par her.

The fact that the title states that for the first time in 2 years a girl has shown not only an interest in me, but we have the same interests is quite sad and the fact im making this post for guidance after only talking to her for a couple of hours is sad too. I know I've jumped the gun here and overthought this whole situation, however, im very nervous to get into a relationship, I've had quite a bad run in, through the past 3 relationships i've had. Not only that but talking to girls online has been at most times... A massive headache.

But the fact that not only do i find this girl very attractive physically... It's more then that, the person went out of their way, clicked on my profile, read my title and bio and decided to message me. Taken the initiative to engage in a conversation with me. That just never happens. Once again, I know I've overthought this, but that means a lot to me. I know it's not that important to her i.e. not replying in 2 days and very clearly I hold the conversation we had in a higher standards then she does (most probably because she can talk to any guy at any time and they'll show her an interest, where she is literally the only girl that has in a very long time), I very rarely get any interest shown in me. I.e. i lost 3 stone over the summer and not one person even said well done to me, its a massive confidence knock.

So i dont know what to do here, do i just wait and hope she messages me back or do i send her another message, even though, every time i've been on she hasn't been on. So i can only assume she hasn't been on, so will another message just be a waste and she might have just gone on the app because she was bored?

Do i risk looking very needy or will it in her eyes be a positive as i'm not willing to in a sense 'not quit' and show that i'm interested in her. Especially with the vast majority of people being in their house now and not going out, everyone will be on their phones more now then ever, so i would be lying to say she hasn't seen it etc.

She has about 5 pictures up, with one picture showing her breasts (just wearing a top, nothing wrong with it). But they are massive, so not only am i competing against people who have the same interest as me, but also people who can attract her just by their physical look (just want to make it clear that i dont think im a bad looking guy at all, i think im attractive and have other strong attributes that should gain attraction from others). This is also just one app, i'm pretty sure i've matched with her on another ages ago but we never talked on there. The only + side i can think is that she messaged me, then again is she the anomaly and engages in conversations with people in general... To counter, we didn't talk on the other app, so maybe not?

I know I've bloody overthought this lmao, i dont even know her and i'm basing everything I have on her on the soul purpose of us having quite a few things in common over a handful of hours of messaging each other. But like I stated many times before, she showed an interest in me, engaged in conversation with me. It actually felt good to have someone having a conversation and not some brick wall.

So how do I approach this? Do I, just leave it and if she messages me, good, i can get some social media off her and see where it goes from there. If she doesn't message then, oh well, life goes on. Or do i message again and might come off a bit too keen?

I generally feel very pathetic that the tiniest bit of interest with someone has lead me to create this. But damn did it feel nice.
If she hasn't logged on for a while, she may be unwell or taking a break from the internet.
If so, she may not read any messages that you send her.

Are you sure that she is single and looking to date or hookup?
Many girls are not looking to meetup; they chat on dating sites and social media when they are bored.
Or are only looking to make new friends and chat online.
I do this on badoo, labelling my profile to make clear that I am not interested in dating or meeting up.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
If she hasn't logged on for a while, she may be unwell or taking a break from the internet.
If so, she may not read any messages that you send her.

Are you sure that she is single and looking to date or hookup?
Many girls are not looking to meetup; they chat on dating sites and social media when they are bored.
Or are only looking to make new friends and chat online.
I do this on badoo, labelling my profile to make clear that I am not interested in dating or meeting up.

The first one is a possibility, but i would think it would be very unlikely, especially with how much everyone is engrossed with their phones. She's 100% single, the dating website is Plenty of Fish, you're not on there to make friends. I'm looking for a relationship myself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending