The Student Room Group

Forgot to apply for student finance this current academic year

Hi guys,
I didn’t know that we had to apply for student finance every single year, and this year the collections team asked me to pay my course in full. This came with big surprise to me because I have always been funded by student finance and they have always paid my fees. Can I still apply and get funded for it considering my academic year started at the end of September 2019? The call center is closed and I can’t get in touch with Student finance? Anyone knows what to do ?
Thanks
Original post by Catnic99
Hi guys,
I didn’t know that we had to apply for student finance every single year, and this year the collections team asked me to pay my course in full. This came with big surprise to me because I have always been funded by student finance and they have always paid my fees. Can I still apply and get funded for it considering my academic year started at the end of September 2019? The call center is closed and I can’t get in touch with Student finance? Anyone knows what to do ?
Thanks

Hi

Yes you can apply, i would do so ASAP.
Reply 2
68014549-B15C-43D4-8875-9C2AAC584E0B.jpg.jpeg on my student finance account says no undergraduate applications available as you can see.
68014549-B15C-43D4-8875-9C2AAC584E0B.jpg.jpeg on my student finance account says no undergraduate applications available as you can see.

That's... very strange. I literally applied for my student finance for next year just the other day.
Reply 4
Original post by MidgetFever
That's... very strange. I literally applied for my student finance for next year just the other day.

That’s probably because you’re applying for next year. I think OP is applying for the current year.
Reply 5
Hi guys,
Thanks

get on the phone to them
Original post by Jpw1097
That’s probably because you’re applying for next year. I think OP is applying for the current year.

I was certain it was still possible to apply for the current academic year after it had started, though. Unless it doesn't go through the usual application process.

Are you an EU student or UK? Did you apply online or via paper last year?
Reply 8
Hello, I’m an EU student. I have applied by paper the first year from my country but I don’t remember applying last year which was my second year.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
get on the phone to them

The lines are closed because of the virus situation
The lines are closed because of the virus situation

Hi,

If you applied for the tuition fee only last year and are now trying to apply for your year that started in september 2019, then this will be the form http://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/1920/eu/eu_eupr1a_form_1920_o.pdf
Reply 11
Okay thanks a lot! I will post it soon.
OP how did it go? did they fully funded your year? I am currently in a similar situation as I sent that form this month and my course started on September, I am really worrie if I have to pay some of it myself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending