The Student Room Group

Withdrawing and tuition fee

hi, i had applied to a different university whilst interrupting from my current one and recently applied for a tuition fee loan through SFE. i was sent an email today stating:

You’ve applied as a returning student for academic year 2023/24 but you’ve changed course and university since you last applied for student finance. This means we consider you to be a new student in the 2023/24 academic year.

What you need to do
1. Paper PN1 required
You need to apply again as a new student. Please complete and return the
attached 'Application for student finance for new students form (PN1)'. We
won't be able to make any more payments until we receive this.

Or

2. Student can apply online
You need to apply again as a new student as we've cancelled the application
you made as a returning student.

If your new university or college has agreed to accept you as a returning
student, you need to send us evidence to confirm this so we can reinstate your original application.

on my entitlement letter it states i have to pay the tuition fee loan however, i am eligible for a loan.

hence i spoke to my current uni and was told this is probably because i am enrolled at my current uni and once i withdraw SFE will notify my new university and they'd pay the loan?

sorry if my question isn't clear
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by malaikaaaaaa
hi, i had applied to a different university whilst interrupting from my current one and recently applied for a tuition fee loan through SFE. i was sent an email today stating:

You’ve applied as a returning student for academic year 2023/24 but you’ve changed course and university since you last applied for student finance. This means we consider you to be a new student in the 2023/24 academic year.

What you need to do
1. Paper PN1 required
You need to apply again as a new student. Please complete and return the
attached 'Application for student finance for new students form (PN1)'. We
won't be able to make any more payments until we receive this.

Or

2. Student can apply online
You need to apply again as a new student as we've cancelled the application
you made as a returning student.

If your new university or college has agreed to accept you as a returning
student, you need to send us evidence to confirm this so we can reinstate your original application.

on my entitlement letter it states i have to pay the tuition fee loan however, i am eligible for a loan.

hence i spoke to my current uni and was told this is probably because i am enrolled at my current uni and once i withdraw SFE will notify my new university and they'd pay the loan?

sorry if my question isn't clear

Hi there,

It's maybe because you've reapplied as a returning student but your previous university have advised us you've withdrawn (and not suspended) if that's the case then you'd need to reapply as a new student for the next academic year.

I would advise contacting us on 0300 100 0607 or the live chat in your account so we can clarify this and further assist.

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending