The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Boris Johnson admitted to hospital over coronavirus

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/apr/05/coronavirus-live-news-cases-approach-12m-as-trump-tells-americans-to-expect-a-lot-of-death

Seems serious. Doctors are "concerned" about his breathing and he is in a significantly worse condition than his staff like to admit.

I can't stand his politics, but I don't wish for him to die. The likes of Trump and Bolsonaro make Boris look like an angel. Those two can get it and I can be happy as those two genuinely ruin humanity
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hope he recovers. They said it was “precautionary measures” as his symptoms have lasted for 10 days, however this could be them downplaying it.
Reply 2
Get virus done.
Original post by Em.-.
Hope he recovers. They said it was “precautionary measures” as his symptoms have lasted for 10 days, however this could be them downplaying it.

As said in the article attatched, he is having difficulty breathing. Maybe he has underlying health conditions we are not being told about. Seems like he is in a bad way.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ferrograd
As said in the article attatched, he is having difficulty breathing. Maybe he has underlying health conditions we are not being told about.

Well he’s 55 and prime minister which especially at this time I’d imagine is a very stressful position to be in, and stress is quite harmful especially to the heart, and people with heart issues do seem to be quite severely affected compared to others.
Original post by Em.-.
Well he’s 55 and prime minister which especially at this time I’d imagine is a very stressful position to be in, and stress is quite harmful especially to the heart, and people with heart issues do seem to be quite severely affected compared to others.

I feel a little bad for him because in reality, because he probably genuinely believed he could improve the country. It seems like his tenure - which may be incredibly short based on what happens in the next few days or hours - will be defined by his response to this.
Let's hope he manages to get onto one of the wards with proper funding, it would be shame if he was treated on an underfunded ward that some party kept making cuts to,.
Reply 7
I feel a little bad for him because in reality, because he probably genuinely believed he could improve the country. It seems like his tenure - which may be incredibly short based on what happens in the next few days or hours - will be defined by his response to this.

The thing is the prime minister has much less authority than people think, so whether this turns out good or bad we can’t give too much credit or too much criticism to him. He has people telling him what to do, of course a problem being even “experts” are disagreeing with each other. Herd immunity seems like a bad idea due to it resulting in potentially unnecessary deaths but it may work since it’s the one way to stop the virus emerging again when we come out of lockdown if a vaccine is not ready (which it likely won’t be for a while, though people saying 2 years is surprisingly long).
I hope he recovers soon
I would like to know what Trump has done to warrant such hatred resulting in you hoping he contracts and suffers badly from a virus.
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
I would like to know what Trump has done to warrant such hatred resulting in you hoping he contracts and suffers badly from a virus.

I agree no one should wish death upon others no matter what your opinion of them is
Reply 11
Original post by Starlight15
I agree no one should wish death upon others no matter what your opinion of them is

I don't know, i feel an exception can be made for Trump given how many people his actions (or lack thereof) have directly led to the death of

I wonder how some users would feel if someone said that about one of their family members. No matter how much you dislike someone, you should never wish ill upon them and even worse death.

Let us all remember that Trump is a son, father and husband, not just a president.
Original post by Napp
I don't know, i feel an exception can be made for Trump given how many people his actions (or lack thereof) have directly led to the death of

Agreed. Maybe even Trump won't be able to minimise and downplay his terrible mistakes this time.
Original post by Napp

Who? Except the deaths in war zones on the middle East and maybe the Ice camps, although both were not a direct cause by president trump. Which ones are you talking about?
Firstly, Trump called his thing an actual hoax as he also did with global warming, insisted the country would be open by now as if everything was normal, and also not to mention his rather horrid views on race, gender, sexuality, religion, selfishness, lack of morals and has the audacity to call himself a Christian. Trump is far more intelligent than people give him credit for. Bolsonaro is even worse. he can die regardless of covid-19 or not. someone tried to kill him, its a shame they didn't succeed.
Reply 16
Who? Except the deaths in war zones on the middle East and maybe the Ice camps, although both were not a direct cause by president trump. Which ones are you talking about?

Well i more referring to his appalling handling of the virus in America which allowed it to flare. But yes, his murder in the ME and on barbarism on the south border..
Reply 17

Come on, it's only flu.
Firstly, Trump called his thing an actual hoax as he also did with global warming, insisted the country would be open by now as if everything was normal, and also not to mention his rather horrid views on race, gender, sexuality, religion, selfishness, lack of morals and has the audacity to call himself a Christian. Trump is far more intelligent than people give him credit for. Bolsonaro is even worse. he can die regardless of covid-19 or not. someone tried to kill him, its a shame they didn't succeed.

Firstly, I don't think the first stuff would constitute wishing him dead. And his views on the things you listed. Could you please give me an example of these views thst you believe seam him OK to be killed?
In that case, should we make an exception for every murderer? That’s quite a large number of people, is it not?

Wishing death upon other people no matter what they have done, unfortunately does not fix things. The sad truth is, is that there are bad people in the world and although optimism is key, I think there will always be bad people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending