The Student Room Group

What surface pro model should I buy?

I am starting college this year and I want to buy a device where I can write and store all my notes on whilst also using all the Microsoft apps whilst also have enough memory for me to be able to draw on. I decided against buying the ipad pro as it was to expensive and as the Microsoft surface pro is more like a laptop, this seemed like a better option. However I'm not sure which model to buy. I have seen the surface pro 6 but it costs around £700 so I don't want to make any rash decisions if there are better options. However I'm not really a fan of the surface go.
Don't buy the surface pro 6!
You can get the newer surface pro 7 for only £639 at John Lewis or Currys.
Please also take into account the price of the type cover and the pen as they are quite expensive.
Have you considered getting the iPad 10.2-inch, they start at around £350 for 32gb or £400 for 128gb and also have type covers and pen. You can always install apps like OneNote to get the Microsoft software.

I hope this helps :smile:
Don't buy any surface pro's. They are shoddy junk. More of a plasticky toy than a serious tool for doing work on for several years.

If you want to get serious for drawing on a computer get something like a used Wacom Cintiq tablet and a reasonable used business laptop.

For the odd drawing for personal use, or for your own revision notes, use pen and paper.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Don't buy any surface pro's. They are shoddy junk. More of a plasticky toy than a serious tool for doing work on for several years.

If you want to get serious for drawing on a computer get something like a used Wacom Cintiq tablet and a I reasonable used business laptop.

For the odd drawing for personal use, or for your own revision notes, use pen and paper.

I would use the device for odd drawings nothing serious. I was thinking of moving away from pen and paper because it gets too messy and I lose paper or in the case of notebooks I don't have the space to store them (small house), therefore I was thinking of buying a device where it's all there. People are suggesting the iPad 10.2 inch and it looks cheap but I've recently viewed the Samsung galaxy tab s6 lite which is around the same price. Which one do you think would be best?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending