The Student Room Group

I know I'm going to fail a subject but I still have to take it

Hi I'm going into 5th year after the quarantine and the way may school has organised the columns for subjects I can't take any subjects that are relevant to me except computing science, I did this last year in nat 5 and just scraped a pass I doubt I could do it in higher. but this is the only subject I could take to higher, if I pick anything else I'll have to get a nat 5 qualification from it and none of those choices are even remotely close to what I want to do with my career. any advice, or tips for passing higher computing science?
Hire a tutor
Original post by anon-29
Hi I'm going into 5th year after the quarantine and the way may school has organised the columns for subjects I can't take any subjects that are relevant to me except computing science, I did this last year in nat 5 and just scraped a pass I doubt I could do it in higher. but this is the only subject I could take to higher, if I pick anything else I'll have to get a nat 5 qualification from it and none of those choices are even remotely close to what I want to do with my career. any advice, or tips for passing higher computing science?

Do you need 5 highers in S5? Have you looked at any colleges courses/foundation apprenticeship options if they're in that column? Is there a subject that is related to one of the ones that you're already doing that you could crash? (not ideal, but if you're thinking you wouldn't pass comp sci, then possibly a better option).
What else is in the column/what else are you doing? Some schools' columns do change before August in general, so if lots of people are in a similar situation, they may revisit and revise them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending