The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL or WARWICK

I have an offer from UCL for International Social and Political studies (so i’ll be majoring in Spanish and international relations) and i also have an offer from Warwick for PPE.

I’ve visited UCL and really liked it and always liked the idea of being in a city as i love that there’s loads to do / the life of the city, but i’ve never lived in a city before and it’s very expensive and lots of people have said it can be quite isolating?

Also, the ISPS course is quite new ( although the european one has been around for a while ) where the PPE degree is a bit more well established at warwick? Would either of these have a significant advantage over the other in terms of career opportunities?

I did really want to be doing a language (which i would be doing the joint honours at UCL) but the other modules on the course in warwick sound a lot more in depth and interesting than the IR ones at ucl and i can do language modules at warwick, at UCL it sounds like they’re just getting surface knowledge on many things?

I never got a chance to go to warwick and don’t know much about it, i’m quite sociable and don’t want to be stuck somewhere very dead, what is warwick night life like?.. I’m so stuck on which to firm so if anyone who has done / are doing either of these courses and could give their honest opinion on the uni / course / student life would be greatly appreciated
:smile:
Reply 1
I've been to both Warwick and UCL on many occasions and personally from what you've mentioned I'd recommend going to Warwick. The uni itself is a campus uni so you are essentially only surrounded by students and the people working at Warwick which is quite different from UCL in which London becomes your campus in a way. Having lived in London, it makes you feel quite small and that can feel isolating but only if you're out and about by yourself. If you're with friends you do not feel isolated at all and London becomes a bit of a playground so honestly it's a matter of perspective. London however, isn't as expensive as you think especially for students as there are student discounts everywhere and I've noticed accommodation (halls) in London for students is only slightly more expensive than in other places. In terms of Warwick, Coventry is only a 10 minute bus ride from the uni itself and there is so much to do as well so you definitely won't feel bored. Coventry Uni is also there meaning Coventry feels a bit like a student town as there are so many students and young people. Also, if you like the course more at Warwick id recommend going there as uni work can get tough during 2nd and 3rd year and you'd rather be doing something you like.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I'm biased since I go to Warwick but the SU can be a bit rubbish but I'll recommend travelling to Birmingham or Leamington and Coventry.
The atmosphere is also pretty friendly and it does feel like a proper campus uni.
Hi there! could you share more about how hard it was to get into ISPS and was your personal statement completely about IR or did you bring in elements about taking on spanish?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending