The Student Room Group

Instagram stalker?

I made friends with this girl at uni and I defo have feelings for her. We are friends on Facebook and talk every week on snapchat but we don’t have each other on Instagram. The reason on my part is because she doesn’t post anything on there but also because I’m not ready for her to know how I feel about her and feel like adding her after so long would give it away. The thing I wanted to know tho, is why does she always come up on my suggested? It says it’s because we are friends on Facebook, but I have loads of Facebook friends that I don’t have on Instagram and it only recommends this girl? Could it be because she is regularly looking at my Instagram?

While I’m here, might as well ask - because I’m assuming I also get recommended to her as well, why wouldn’t she have added me? I don’t post a lot either so it could be cus of that. On the other hand, other people think she likes me too and the fact she isn’t following me is making me doubtful of that which in turn is making me quite depressed and feeling bad about myself.

Thanks
I think you should stop the waiting game, I doubt she would take the lead and add you and she probably is waiting for you to do it. Just be brave and shoot your shot, add her waiting too long can make her lose interest too. If it doesn't work out and then hey ho you didn't waste your time and you can go for someone else then, besides your not really asking her out, your just making the first safe move. Stop worrying and just do it.
Original post by Anonymous
I made friends with this girl at uni and I defo have feelings for her. We are friends on Facebook and talk every week on snapchat but we don’t have each other on Instagram. The reason on my part is because she doesn’t post anything on there but also because I’m not ready for her to know how I feel about her and feel like adding her after so long would give it away. The thing I wanted to know tho, is why does she always come up on my suggested? It says it’s because we are friends on Facebook, but I have loads of Facebook friends that I don’t have on Instagram and it only recommends this girl? Could it be because she is regularly looking at my Instagram?

While I’m here, might as well ask - because I’m assuming I also get recommended to her as well, why wouldn’t she have added me? I don’t post a lot either so it could be cus of that. On the other hand, other people think she likes me too and the fact she isn’t following me is making me doubtful of that which in turn is making me quite depressed and feeling bad about myself.

Thanks

also I think you're reading wayyy too much into the suggested contacts thing, I don't think that's how the recommended profiles thing works
Reply 3
it’s not that deep man just follow her
Reply 4
Original post by Krunker482
also I think you're reading wayyy too much into the suggested contacts thing, I don't think that's how the recommended profiles thing works

Yah you’re probably right, idk just think it’s weird it never recommends anyone else from my Facebook. Idk I think I’ll leave it for now, we’re still talking every week, she’s not interested in any other guys I don’t think and I’m defo not interested in any other girl so I think it’s just my pessimism getting the best of me
Original post by Anonymous

Thanks

Just follow her, it won't look like you're in love with her. Everyone follows each other who are friends, she might be waiting for you to do it first so she can follow you back. Then it's mutual.

Maybe it's suggesting her a lot because YOU look at her profiles often..? Our phones are proper creepy and spy on us, I've had things suggested to me from simply phonecalls or convos i've had with people.
Reply 6
Original post by leopard202
Just follow her, it won't look like you're in love with her. Everyone follows each other who are friends, she might be waiting for you to do it first so she can follow you back. Then it's mutual.

Maybe it's suggesting her a lot because YOU look at her profiles often..? Our phones are proper creepy and spy on us, I've had things suggested to me from simply phonecalls or convos i've had with people.

Oh Yh that’s probably it tbh haha, I look at hers every time it comes up on the recommended. Man I’m sick of what this quarantines doing to me haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending