The Student Room Group

why is she like this?

I’m “best friends”with this girl who goes to a different school to me(don’t think she would call me her bsf) and she has periods where she just ignores my messages which is completely ok because I understand she have their own life’s and stuff. But it’s just so frustrating now. Instead of ignoring me why can’t she just say she’s going through something and needs space or whatever instead. This is why she can’t hold friendships or relationships with anyone. The other day I released she left me on delivered for a good 7 hours then I checked her instagram and she was out with one of her friends. Once I viewed her story about 20mins later she added me back into her close friends and I saw all the vids of her and her friend having fun. Btw she chooses what stories I get to watch by adding and removing me from her close friends bearing in mind, we are “best friends”and of course I don’t mind that she’s going out with other friends but why ignore me? Why not Just message saying I’m going out with ill talk to you in a bit. And it’s frustrates me because literally last week I asked if she wanted to go to the carnival with me but noooo she has to “study and her mum is all of a sudden too strict but they literally don’t care but has time to go out with someone else??!? She convinced me almost a year ago to drop my best friend of six years which I did, but I did it with the comfort of having her beside me understand? I feel like such a fool. She’s been posting TikTok’s of herself so I know she’s fine and not going thru anything. It’s just not fair. Why is she like this?
Reply 1
Original post by Idkwhattopick
I’m “best friends”with this girl who goes to a different school to me(don’t think she would call me her bsf) and she has periods where she just ignores my messages which is completely ok because I understand she have their own life’s and stuff. But it’s just so frustrating now. Instead of ignoring me why can’t she just say she’s going through something and needs space or whatever instead. This is why she can’t hold friendships or relationships with anyone. The other day I released she left me on delivered for a good 7 hours then I checked her instagram and she was out with one of her friends. Once I viewed her story about 20mins later she added me back into her close friends and I saw all the vids of her and her friend having fun. Btw she chooses what stories I get to watch by adding and removing me from her close friends bearing in mind, we are “best friends”and of course I don’t mind that she’s going out with other friends but why ignore me? Why not Just message saying I’m going out with ill talk to you in a bit. And it’s frustrates me because literally last week I asked if she wanted to go to the carnival with me but noooo she has to “study and her mum is all of a sudden too strict but they literally don’t care but has time to go out with someone else??!? She convinced me almost a year ago to drop my best friend of six years which I did, but I did it with the comfort of having her beside me understand? I feel like such a fool. She’s been posting TikTok’s of herself so I know she’s fine and not going thru anything. It’s just not fair. Why is she like this?

Sorry, but you sound like you’re stalking her.
Stop constantly checking up her what she’s doing, where she is, who she’s with; frankly, it’s none of your business.

I get that it’s super frustrating that she seems to have double standards with you and her other friends, but I would say basically try and ignore her for a bit. Go and hang out w some other friends and either she’ll realise she was excluding you and stop, or you’ll continue to drift apart and at that point it may be for the best if you’re both having a better time w separate friend groups. “Best friends” can often take it for granted that the other person will always be there waiting for them. Ik it’s tough but the most important thing I can say is to try and stop focusing on it, bc she’ll get all defensive and may feel annoyed by it, which will then make the whole thing worse. Obviously I’m not saying you’re trying to be annoying, I understand just how irritating it can be when ppl are a***holes for no reason, but try and take a step back from it and it’ll help both of you to find a bit of perspective.
Original post by Tupmole
Sorry, but you sound like you’re stalking her.
Stop constantly checking up her what she’s doing, where she is, who she’s with; frankly, it’s none of your business.

what?😂😂
it’s in instagram mate. She posted it. How’s that stalking?
what?😂😂

Online stalking at its finest.
what?😂😂

By constantly checking every few minutes to see what she’s doing, where she is and who she’s with, you meet the definition of a stalker. Go to your local Police station and for their advice….they might even offer you board & lodgings for a while.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I get that it’s super frustrating that she seems to have double standards with you and her other friends, but I would say basically try and ignore her for a bit. Go and hang out w some other friends and either she’ll realise she was excluding you and stop, or you’ll continue to drift apart and at that point it may be for the best if you’re both having a better time w separate friend groups. “Best friends” can often take it for granted that the other person will always be there waiting for them. Ik it’s tough but the most important thing I can say is to try and stop focusing on it, bc she’ll get all defensive and may feel annoyed by it, which will then make the whole thing worse. Obviously I’m not saying you’re trying to be annoying, I understand just how irritating it can be when ppl are a***holes for no reason, but try and take a step back from it and it’ll help both of you to find a bit of perspective.

Thank you so much❣️
So let me get this straight. I’m a “stalker” because I’m active on social media sureeee😂😂😂 your probably some dinosaur if you think that. And I want to know how said I’m checking every few mintutes😅 if you are not going to give advice then kindle fuc* off 🙂

Reported this stalker for offensiveness.
He really needs to grow up.
umm does not sound like she is best friend material. who says she's your best friend anyway? did she? she sounds quite disingenuous if so. either just enjoy having fun with her whenever u do go out together, or just don't talk to her if she's just causing you upset and drama.
Original post by albanyexpression
umm does not sound like she is best friend material. who says she's your best friend anyway? did she? she sounds quite disingenuous if so. either just enjoy having fun with her whenever u do go out together, or just don't talk to her if she's just causing you upset and drama.

Yes we both call each other our best friends but now it just does not feel like it. She messaged me yesterday asking if I was okay but I did not reply because I just was not feeling it. And now she has deleted that message and now I do not know what to do.
Yes we both call each other our best friends but now it just does not feel like it. She messaged me yesterday asking if I was okay but I did not reply because I just was not feeling it. And now she has deleted that message and now I do not know what to do.

agh she sounds like a mean attention seeker i can't lie. just don't overthink it. look at what she does not what she claims

Ahhh...i feel u sis- that must suck.
This is gna sound so repetitive and useless, but just don't give her anymore headspace. Ik shes ur best friend and all, but if she goes to a diff school as well, you should definitely give yourself some space to breathe, and the time she deserves herself. The things shes doing do sound petty ngl...but dont lower your standards, and continue being friendly with her.
Just because someone hits you- doesnt mean you hit them harder. Be the bigger person in this situation, so she can realise how silly she's been, and also hold your self respect.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending