The Student Room Group

A Level Help

Hi!
I was hoping to get some advice and opinions on the A levels I would like to take.
So I will be taking Philosophy, History and Spanish for certain, but I am torn between English lit and Classical Civilisation.
If you have taken the subjects or have any views that can help me make the choice, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
English lit is more facilitating especially if ur doing history. I’d do english
Reply 2
Original post by Sophhhowa
English lit is more facilitating especially if ur doing history. I’d do english

Thank you - may I ask if you took either?
Why do you want to take 4 btw? I only suggest it if you are genuinely interested in all of them
Original post by noavalens
Thank you - may I ask if you took either?

I didn’t but nearly all my friends did both
I did Classical Civilisation and found it to be very easy. As a fourth subject I found it to require fairly little effort compared to the effort made by my friends doing English. Since you already will have a lot to do with History and Spanish (I have no experience with Philosophy so I don't know what it's like), I would recommend choosing CC because I think that it may be less stressful yet still be a good example of further essay writing and analytical skills. But, at the end of the day, it's whichever one you think that you would enjoy more, and it also depends on what you want to do at university.

Quick Reply

Latest