The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Missed Grades

Ok, so I missed my grades by 14 marks, due to half of my school being ****ed over by one History paper (which the teachers are furious about, considering that I go to - not trying to sound snobby - a pretty 'elite' grammar school in the country). I got a D in that paper (the rest of my papers were solid As), and no-one else who took it got higher than a C as far as I know. The school is convinced that it's a problem with the examiner or marking. After all, if it were due to individuals or teaching, someone would have got an A at least.

I called up Warwick today, even after they had rejected me on the website, and spoke to a really nice woman who said that because I was getting a priority remark, if my grades change, I should email their admissions office as soon as I find out, and I will be offered a place because they were my first choice.

Can rely on this? What if they still reject me if my grades go up? - I'm worried about trusting one person speaking for the university. Plus, one of my friends in the same situation called up for Classics, and they said that if her grades change, they'll only consider her. Another called in for Law (missed grades by 3 marks), said the same, but they didn't really want to hear about it. If I get the grades but they go back on what they said, would I be able to argue my way in, by saying that I was told I would be given a place?

Anyway, anyone in the same boat or had a similar experience? Any idea on whether they will change my Track status to pending or just leave it rejected?

I'm doing History, by the way.
If you meet the offer by the end of August they have to take you.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
I assume that you needed an A in history, and got a B? Shocking, I know a few people that got in with ABB and they missed their grade by more then 14 marks (but they were going for Classical Civ, not History). I believe that, if they offered you a place dictating a grade, and you achieve that grade, they HAVE to offer you a place.

Best of luck, I hope you get the marks you need (nearly my whole Chemistry class last year had an AS paper remarked, and we all got better results second time around).

Latest