The Student Room Group

Joining Royal Navy as an officer

Please does anyone have top tips on joining the Royal Navy as an Officer?
Reply 1
Have you read the entry requirements on the Royal Navy recruitment website? If you have any concerns over being medically suitable, the only way you'll know is to make an application and be assessed by the medical professionals. Ensure you can reach the fitness standards before applying .

Have a look at the Armed Forces section on here (under Careers and Jobs) about activities to show your leadership potential.
Reply 2
Hi,

I applied for the Royal Navy, specifically officer training, a good few years ago and passed everything but ended up choosing not to go. As far as I can remember there are a number of stages to get in. I think the first is a maths and english test, then an interview, medical and the fitness test. If you have time start working out a lot, include swimming, one of the tests is in deep water with full clothing and staying a float for 15 mins (I think), running and other general fitness. The tests weren't super hard but have a look on their website for mock tests to practice. With the interview maybe have some example questions ready that show you have leadership skills. When you pass all this, thats when you go to training, which if its still near Dartmouth was beautiful! This was awhile ago though, so it may have changed!

I do slightly regret not following through and joining! Good Luck I am sure you will be amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending