The Student Room Group

Anyone ready for lockdown to be lifted?

Hey all,

I hope you’re all well.

Is anyone ready and prepared for lockdown to be lifted and go back to school? (I personally don’t see a point of going back to school in June) however how do you all feel about it?

Let’s have a nice friendly discussion. 😊.

Scroll to see replies

Same here. I don't see the point in going back either. Although, hopefully some of the students in my year will get their act together and actually start working! :argh:
Original post by 5hyl33n
Same here. I don't see the point in going back either. Although, hopefully some of the students in my year will get their act together and actually start working! :argh:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I think that’s a good option for students right now but obviously those in secondary and primary cannot do so. Perhaps they’re main objective is to open it for these students? Then again, I also believe there’s going to be a second wave.
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut

Yes, I think that’s a good option for students right now but obviously those in secondary and primary cannot do so. Perhaps they’re main objective is to open it for these students? Then again, I also believe there’s going to be a second wave.

No problem!

I don't see the point in taking the risk, especially if there is a chance of a second wave.
Original post by 5hyl33n
No problem!

I don't see the point in taking the risk, especially if there is a chance of a second wave.

Me too, just increasing the chances even further.
Ok first please keep in mind, mature student talking, so thats my point of view.

On the one hand HELLS TO THE YES!!!!! I could probably earn more than I get in UC prior to moving to Uni so that would give me a bigger buffer while waiting for the first SFE payment.

On the other hand while the odds are it would be no worse than a bout of flu there is always 'that' chance it could be worse.
Original post by EvisRaptor
Ok first please keep in mind, mature student talking, so thats my point of view.

On the one hand HELLS TO THE YES!!!!! I could probably earn more than I get in UC prior to moving to Uni so that would give me a bigger buffer while waiting for the first SFE payment.

On the other hand while the odds are it would be no worse than a bout of flu there is always 'that' chance it could be worse.

It’ll take a while for everything to open up again but yes it’s obviously possible that you can earn more it’ll be slow at first when all the stock markets and all begin to slowly ease off once again.

Forget could it will be. The death rate in the UK is the highest at present so we’re going to experience a second wave. Whether anyone likes it or not.

It’ll take a while for everything to open up again but yes it’s obviously possible that you can earn more it’ll be slow at first when all the stock markets and all begin to slowly ease off once again.

Forget could it will be. The death rate in the UK is the highest at present so we’re going to experience a second wave. Whether anyone likes it or not.

Unfortunately (kinda) most of the work I get via an agency is in a junkmail factory.

So regrettably (kinda) I think I would be right back to work......

But on the other hand my bank account would have no regrets.
Reply 8
Yes I want to go shopping and go into town and just mooch about like I used to do
No i think it’s too soon for anything. It will only get worse because people act like animals.
500 deaths a day, tbh I'm pretty desensitised to the whole thing. I go outside, don't touch my face stay away from people... Hope for the best.

Everyday though i find less and less of a reason to stop the obvious game of natural selection.. Nature is playing with us. I'm for restrictions that keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed....but that's it. I'm not sure if alot of them are actually slowing the spread all that significantly tbh.

I'm moving further along to older people needing to stay at home. Everyone else following social distancing and allowing alot to continue. The economic damage is horrendous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8294507/amp/New-study-reveals-blueprint-getting-Covid-19-lockdown.html

I don't see why all countries can't just do a sweden type lockdown based upon personal responsibility.
Doesn't affect me as I'll have e graduated and won't be doing a master in September but I was due to be moving out but it's really hard on the job market right now so that's probably gonna be pushed back another year. I'm looking forward to be able to see my gf
To be honest, I'm not really bothered about lockdown being lifted or not. I'm an adaptable person, so if anything new arrives I'm able to adjust anything by any means just so I don't get affected.
Original post by gtty123
To be honest, I'm not really bothered about lockdown being lifted or not. I'm an adaptable person, so if anything new arrives I'm able to adjust anything by any means just so I don't get affected.

You clearly are living off the bank of mom and dad still. No offense, nice times. Adaptability changes when you are the bank.
I feel like people who were laid back since the start of the year and were just like “I’ll start studying during study leave” got a reality check. That is not a good attitude to have if you want A’s in your subjects (or even B’s sometimes). You should be studying throughout the year, giving each subject healthy amount of time (depending on which you are better or worse at) so that you are fully prepared to just skim through notes and do past papers during study leave. Not open up your whole course jotter of book and go from 0 to 100 because that can cause worse stress and anxiety than studying throughout the year causes. The anxiety you get is filled with happiness once you get your results after studying the entire year, the anxiety you get if you start during study break will probably take over you and lead you to having bad results.
I am, I want to go home instead of being stuck out here in the middle of nowhere with no friends or family
Original post by Realitysreflexx
You clearly are living off the bank of mom and dad still. No offense, nice times. Adaptability changes when you are the bank.

Yes I'm an 18 year old male. What did you expect, for me to have a nice job and a big house? Your logic is amusing.
Hey all,

I hope you’re all well.

Is anyone ready and prepared for lockdown to be lifted and go back to school? (I personally don’t see a point of going back to school in June) however how do you all feel about it?

Let’s have a nice friendly discussion. 😊.

I don't think it is possible to return to school in June. Schools and colleges should be in September. Why did this happen... :frown:
Original post by chocobrowbts2019
I don't think it is possible to return to school in June. Schools and colleges should be in September. Why did this happen... :frown:

I was wondering the same. This government is something else I’m afraid.
I am so ready for lockdown to be lifted, I miss uni so much (even though I won't be going back until Sep now :frown:) and I just want to get out, see my friends, get to work, but I think we've got a while to go yet, sadly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending