The Student Room Group

I'm not sure if I should give a relationship a chance!

Hello :smile: so I have been talking to a guy for about a month now (we previously went on a date at uni but I ended things as I was not ready to get into something serious) and I'm not sure how I feel about him. As we're in lockdown, I'm finding it difficult to figure out if I like him as conversation is pretty limited as obviously we're not doing anything interesting atm. He seems lovely, and I really enjoyed the date we went on. I also still have lingering feelings for someone else, but I feel the only way I'm ever going to get over them properly is meeting someone else. The only problem is I'm unsure of how far things can progress with this guy given the situation, and as I said, finding it hard to work out how I feel when we're only talking over text.
Any help is appreciated :smile:
don't use the new guy just to try and fulfil your own needs. If you aren't over your ex still then its a bad move. and if you did get on, even in lockdown, you would find things to talk about, so thats a bit of an excuse.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
don't use the new guy just to try and fulfil your own needs. If you aren't over your ex still then its a bad move. and if you did get on, even in lockdown, you would find things to talk about, so thats a bit of an excuse.

We're finding things to talk about at the moment, but as the conversations have been all day everyday I'm just worried we'll find out everything about each other and the conversation will be exhausted. Idk, maybe I'm being paranoid

Yeah, I wouldn't get into a relationship with him if I couldn't get over my ex. I'm just seeing if talking to someone new will help. Thanks :smile:
So you’re losing feelings for your current guy because of this situation while getting feelings for someone else?
Couldn’t you discuss this with him (don’t mention the other guy).
Reply 4
Original post by TheStarboy
So you’re losing feelings for your current guy because of this situation while getting feelings for someone else?
Couldn’t you discuss this with him (don’t mention the other guy).

No, I still have some feelings for my ex which I'm working on getting rid of, and I'm talking to a new guy. :smile:

Yeah, I think I will but at the moment it seems pretty casual and I'm not too sure what he is looking for
No, I still have some feelings for my ex which I'm working on getting rid of, and I'm talking to a new guy. :smile:

Yeah, I think I will but at the moment it seems pretty casual and I'm not too sure what he is looking for

Ask this new guy if he still has feelings for you and what he is looking for. Based on his answers, either leave him and find someone else or continue being with him while getting rid of your feelings for you ex
Hello :smile: so I have been talking to a guy for about a month now (we previously went on a date at uni but I ended things as I was not ready to get into something serious) and I'm not sure how I feel about him. As we're in lockdown, I'm finding it difficult to figure out if I like him as conversation is pretty limited as obviously we're not doing anything interesting atm. He seems lovely, and I really enjoyed the date we went on. I also still have lingering feelings for someone else, but I feel the only way I'm ever going to get over them properly is meeting someone else. The only problem is I'm unsure of how far things can progress with this guy given the situation, and as I said, finding it hard to work out how I feel when we're only talking over text.
Any help is appreciated :smile:

Are you conversing with the new guy during lockdown. See how it goes.
You shoudl tell him you are just out of a relationship.
See what happens at lockdown ends and then make up your mind sooner rather than later. Dont lead him on.
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
Are you conversing with the new guy during lockdown. See how it goes.
You shoudl tell him you are just out of a relationship.
See what happens at lockdown ends and then make up your mind sooner rather than later. Dont lead him on.

Yeah we've talked everyday, I guess it's just hard to see how a relationship would be when the only way we're interacting is via text, and so I'm finding it hard to work out how I feel I guess
Yeah, I think I'll take your advice on that one - really don't want to lead him on
Thank you
Reply 8
Original post by TheStarboy
Ask this new guy if he still has feelings for you and what he is looking for. Based on his answers, either leave him and find someone else or continue being with him while getting rid of your feelings for you ex

I will do, thanks for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending